What's new

Hiroshima Mon Amour & Olmi CC's (1 Viewer)

TimJS

Second Unit
DVD Planet added Hiroshima Mon Amour, Il Posto, Il Fidanzati, & Ali: Fear Eats The Soul from Criterion to their catalog today. All street on 6/24.

Hadn't heard about Hiroshima before. Here's the specs according to DVDPlanet:

New high-definition digital transfer; Audio commentary by film historian Peter Cowie; 1961 Cinepanorama interview with Alain Resnais; Archival interview footage of Emmanuelle Riva; Excerpts from Duras' annotations to the screenplay; Music and effects track; New essay by Kent Jones; New and improved English subtitle translation; Optimal image quality: RSDL dual-layer edition.

Tim

Joel C

Screenwriter
Hiroshima was one of those film class movies that I knew was an important film, but which I couldn't stand actually watching. Cool that the CC got another important film to release well, though. I'm sure their version will look much better than the tattered print I saw.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Finally, I've been waiting for Ali: Fear Eats The Soul since last year. Easily one of my "most wanted" discs.

Hiroshima is good news as well. Didn't know that was on the way.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Alain Resnais' Night and Fog is also coming from Criterion on the same date. In an unprecedented move, the disc is only $14.95 (since the film is only 30 minutes and there are no real supplements to speak of).

Simon_Lepine

Supporting Actor
I'm real happy to see Hiroshima done by Criterion!!! It's not the easiest movie to sit through, but it is definitely unique and daring, challenging traditional film structure. I'd love for Criterion to do Last Year in Marienbad next, the previous DVD transfer was real poor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks