1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hill Street Blues Seasons 3-7??

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Brandon_D, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Brandon_D

Brandon_D Stunt Coordinator

To me, this is one of the greatest insults in the entire TV on DVD world to not have this complete show out. Fox obviously does not understand tv history enough to release this landmark show in its entirety. Hopefully Shout Factory will rescue it,

2. derosa

derosa Supporting Actor

//rant on//

What I don't get at this point is why the studios are not re-evaluating the market, and looking for a model that would work

for complete series releases. Obviously the market is not willing to pay $40 or so for each season, so it's time to figure

something else out. Half season sets were a stupid idea, fans are supposed to collect a series like Love Boat on half season

sets over a ten year period? The attention span of the market isn't that long. Do they think the DVD will be forever the

format? The window is closing. If the companies are going to sell physical sets in the next few years, they need to

get some complete box sets into the marketplace soon, or it's going to be over, not a big enough market is going to be

left to care what they do at that point. What's the alternative, release nothing? Doesn't seem like a business can exist

by selling nothing. If they can't sell sets for $40 a season, is the only alternative to leave it in the vault?

//rant off//

3. Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris Supporting Actor

I would gladly double-dip on the first two seasons in order to get a 'complete series' release.

4. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Same here. I want more of this show on DVD. Not interested in any streaming/downloading formats.

Maybe we'll see a MOD release soon.

5. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    There was a lot of Fox material coming from Shout! but it seems to have ground to a halt.

This needs to be, and deserves, a complete set. St. Elsewhere, too. Those two shows should have a constitutional right to be on DVD in their entirety.