What's new

Highway to Heaven - The Complete Series (1 Viewer)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Bryan^H said:
More power to ya. I hate edits in any form of tv on dvd. However, I cave and buy nearly every title I used to like to watch on tv so long ago whether it be complete, and uncut, or heavily edited(CBS/Paramount)
The only show on dvd I called it quits on was ALF which was cut so bad I got angry and gave up on it.
(On a huge offtopic tangent).

This may sound irrational, but I use the "edited" and/or "music changes" excuses as a mind-trick to minimize my compulsive dvd/bluray "impulse buying" habits.

I have too many tv season sets already on the bookshelves collecting dust.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
that is a very cheap price.

and probably well worth it, for most people.

i think it is a wonderful show.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I wouldn't be surprised if it further tumbles to $20 by the time it is black friday or xmas.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i think this is a good sign, but i definitely feel it is some sign.

the current price is way too cheap.

i think something is up

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Bryan^H said:
I don't know what to tell you because I don't know the original run times. The 6 or so episodes I watched clocked in at over 48 minutes each, so by 1987 standards that seems an accurate network run time. If they are cut, I'd be surprised.
Thank you! Sure sounds uncut to me.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I sure hope it doesn't go down to $20. Not only since it means I ended up spending a good bit more than I could've, but I'd like to see this make Mill Creek a few bucks in the end.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
LeoA said:
I sure hope it doesn't go down to $20. Not only since it means I ended up spending a good bit more than I could've, but I'd like to see this make Mill Creek a few bucks in the end.
There's other more reputable movie companies where their "complete series" dvd sets tumbled to $20 on black friday last year.

For example, such as Sony's "complete series" sets of shows like: I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, Soap, The Shield, Charlie's Angels, etc ... in the filmsy packaging. (Some set were released a few months earlier than November 2013).

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i have never attempted to compete on black friday.

is that the day after thanksgiving ?

if there are that sort of deals on complete series, i would like to get in on it.

where do you guys look, other than amazon ?

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Best Buy, Target and Wal-Mart a popular stops on the National Day of Insanity (That's Black Friday for those of you in in Rio Linda!) :biggrin:

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
oh - i was hoping that there were other on-line sites

the thought of being in a store on that day is ...

i hear people wait in line for hours before the store even opens

i am not that interested in saving money !!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Amazon usually price-matches their competitors "Boor Busters", so they actually do most of the "Dirty Work" for me. :biggrin:

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Recently I saw several Mill Creek "complete series" sets in local dump bins for $20 a pop. Stuff like 21 Jump Street, 3rd Rock From the Sun, Roseanne, That 70's Show, etc ... IIRC, the latter three sets were released a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks