What's new

Highlander, Xena, Hercules Sale (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Related news, Jan 10, 2006 -- there's a sale on some seasons of Highlander, Xena, and Hercules at another less-than-stellar retailer. eCampus.com's listings show most of these for about ten dollars less than the usual best prices. I personally would not order from eCampus (based on their terrible reviews) but I am posting this in case it may lead to more reliable retailers following suite.

I still need seasons 3, 4, and 6 of Highlander, 6 of Xena, and 4, 5, and 6 of Hercules... chipping away at these for some time now as sales come up.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Looks like those prices at the year's end at a few retailers were indeed a preview of an upcoming official price drop.

Hercules is about to become very inexpensive indeed at less than $20 a season, and the rest (Xena, Highlander, and the Raven) are about to become $30. Hercules is worth as much as Xena IMO, it just seems to be overlooked.

DeepDiscountDVD is already taking pre-orders for the late-February price change. Perhaps even Best Buy will have to start pricing these reasonably after the price change goes into effect.

I'm a bit suspicious that the Highlander sets might end up being re-released in a giant "Complete Series" box to tie in with the upcoming theatrical Highlander film, but that is pure speculation on my part; I haven't seen any news to back that up. It could just as well be that this is the natural evolution of the life span of these sets (all of which have been out for years now).

GarySchrock

Second Unit
Hmm, nice price, I've been looking to pick up the rest of the hercules series. Hopefully they haven't repackaged these as double sided discs or something stupid like that.

Joe:C

Second Unit
Wow, with those prices on the Hercules sets I'll definitely be getting the rest of the series (I only have S1 at the moment). I agree with Gary, I hope they haven't changed the disc count/packaging.

John*D

Second Unit
Packaging is different at LH.

Buy them for less at deepdiscountdvd.com and they are official retail copies.

LG makes their own (not bootlegs but no UPCs) since its owned by Panzar.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
I notice DDD listing the Highlander sets for $29.99 now with a 2/21/06 release date. WTF? I saw all the sets at Sam's Club yesterday ($34.99). They never stocked them before this. I'm curious about the packaging though. For some reason, I thought the Highlander seasons were standard snap case box sets, but the ones I saw yesterday looked like those total shit fold out things.

raulC

Grip
My local Best Buy already has all of the seasons of Hercules for $20. I wanted to start picking them up, but am waiting on Xena first. Those sets are still $50+

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Sorry you don't like them, but, you're mistaken. The Highlander boxes are like the Buffy and Angel boxes, but with a VHS width outer slipcase around it.

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
If you order these through BestBuy.com does anyone know if they will send the version with the exclusive bonus features, or just the regular set? Thanks.

Second Unit
They probably won't come with the bonus dvds. These have been out for a while, and bestbuy.com doesn't have the best track record with including the bonus discs anyways. I'm not 100% for sure though. Someone who has ordered more from bestbuy.com should chime in and give their opinion.

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, I figured as much. However the only thing that still gives me hope is that they don't have bonus discs, for the exclusive content is put directly onto the discs themselves. Also everytime I see one of the sets in a Best Buy store, they are the exclusive ones. The only problem is all the stores by me only seem to stock the first and last seasons which I already picked up.

Second Unit
If the extra contents are on the discs themselves then you may get the sets with the bonus stuff.

GarySchrock

Second Unit
For the record, I received my shipment of hercules s2 from DDD, and it's exactly the same packaging as it used to be. So either they're just emptying out their stock, or the price reduction really is using the same stuff.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Just for the record, I picked up Hercules Season One for $19.95 over the counter at a local Suncoast today!! This box contains the three episodes that introduce Xena, which is the only reason I was interested in it. I would never have considered purchasing this season box at $40.00-$50.00 (plus!) just to get the Xena eps, but at $19.95 it was a "no brainer". I still can't get over this price at a mall retailer!

John*D

Second Unit

Pretty much everybody sells the season one set for less than $20. Amazon has it for $14.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks