What's new

HIGHLANDER: The Series officially announced! (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
Between this and the ST:TNG series coming out soon I can feel a part time job coming up........

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
What I posted is authentic, but, I personally do not believe her. A few months ago she lied about why the best-of box set did not appear, saying it was manufacturing delays, when of course it was lack of advance sales and general disinterest in best-of packages. She says whatever will make the Highlander company look good or do good.

So, I think she's just looking to protect her Highlander partners. They'll make season 2 on, it just might take longer for them to discover people want to buy through regular DVD channels.

I just hope they don't ask her for her opinion of how to sell the set - she previously expressed a complete lack of knowledge that websites such as Home Theater Forum, Digital Bits, DVDFile, etc. even existed, and continued on saying that they must just cater to a bunch of "DVD geeks" and weren't worth wasting their time with. Ignorance and rudeness in one.

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
I'd be happy to buy it, but with their shipping rates to Europe included and the probable tax at the border added, I'm within touching distance of $200.
Uh... I want it, but not quite that badly. :frowning:
I will get it once it goes retail though.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Will they go retail?

I do not remember the VHS sets ever being sold anywhere except thru The Highlander Store.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I've seen the VHS sets at a few stores. Few and far between though, due to the high price & limited demand.

-Dave

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
He says in that interview "No plans to go to retail". This concerns me, but they've lied so often in the past, but its never been Bill Panzer doing the lying ;(

I hear they're calling some people and offering the sets at $99, anyone called and tried saying "I know you're offering $99 sets, gimme"?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have never watched the show, but loved the first movie. I would buy the set, but not at the price they want. If they would sell it for $99, I would get it. I also want to know if anyone was able to get the discs at that price?

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
I have never watched the show, but loved the first movie.
Todd,

Just a warning to you. If you pick up the series, keep with it! In my opinion, the series was fairly formula until about mid-season when the series switched its location to France. I also don't feel the series hit its stride until the second season...after that it became my favorite show!

So don't be put off if the series doesn't grab you right away. If you loved the movie, then it is worth going through the entire series (except season six -- I'll explain at some point in the future). A lot of fans consider season four the best written of the series, but there's great episodes throughout...and there's (what was lacking in the film series) a nice sense of continuity and story arcs.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I called them last week. I told them I was tired of waiting. Someone had better call me with the special offer. They called me back in 4 minutes. I bought the set at $99 plus $3 off their regular shipping. Hope to get it soon :)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Hey, just a quick FYI that the compressionist for the Highlander: The Series Season One box set has joined into the alt.tv.highlander newsgroup - and he's taking questions there and by email! Here's just a brief excerpt from that public newsgroup. Sounds like he'd be up for an interview if anyone from any DVD sites want to get his attention:
John, do you know anything about a time frame for season 2 & 3?
Sure don't, sorry. I've heard we're getting both any day now, so production will be starting, however even if I had a deadline, I wouldn't be able to make an announcement of a street date. I'm sure it'll be posted on the official website when they figure it out, and that'll depend on how smoothly production goes. I'm the type of person that will stop production if I find any problems, and Bill's the type of person that will get any problems I find fixed, so any
projections at this time would just be a guess. I'll keep you posted as things progress...
--
John DeGroof, Compressionist
DVD, DAD, DVD Audio, MPEG, AC3, DTS, PCM, DSD, MLP

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
There any deals on this? I'd love to buy this set but $130 is a little pricy. I would take it for $100. Anyone here gotten that price by calling?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks