What's new

High resolution dvd covers? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Hello folks. I often buy cheap cheap cheap discount dvd's from video stores and they often have crappy, partially cut off or otherwise incomplete covers or internal printed material. Where can I find high resolution files I can download to print my own covers? There is one website forum I checked out but I have to pay to join. I just want to fix some of the butchered covers of some of my cheap ex-rental dvd purchases. Anybody?

thanx

:)

P.S. If anybody has the booklet that came with The Body Snatchers, please PM me. I lost mine. Although I bet it's behind my bookshelf...lol...

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Chris, you could always sign up here. Just need to use your e-mail and create username. Then go to the covervault once you've signed up and use the search. Only need to make a comment prior to downloading whichever cover you want and there's a limit of dl'ing 5-8 covers a day. It's totally free too.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I went to that site Ray. Couldnt register because the secret word to make sure your not a machine signing up...well its a secret to me...i cant see it!
I started looking for covers years ago because of my hatred of snappers. I only lack 2 snappers out of about 90 i had. Now of course my new thing is those digi packs that overlap discs...hate em!

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I'll try that one. I think if Rogers Video didn't have a stupid habit of putting their own thing in the cases, then they wouldn't hack up the covers.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II

I use Mozilla Firefox and I was able to see the word thingy fine. You could IM me the covers you need as a list or something and I could e-mail them to you.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I'm looking for covers for The Karate Kid collection (prefer individual disc covers). It's not available at customcovers. Any idea where I can find them?

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, they either fold the cover (so you can at least see what it looks like when renting it) but that leaves an ugly crease, or they cut the back off.

Oh, well. It's Rogers. I go there purely because I get a lot of 2 for 1 7 day rental coupons.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I found the Region 2 cover for Karate Kid which is fine. My copy is region 1 but I just wanted a cover so I can use a keepcase on my shelf. Thanks. :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
cdcovers.cc is low res. I printed one out and it was not readable.I printed one out previously for The Fog of War and it was ok, but this last one I printed out was poor.

C

Rolando

Screenwriter
I've tried cdcovers a few times and the quality is so so indeed. I miss DVDcoverart. All I want is to be able to replace the covers of my *&@$*%# bilingual covers to get the ORIGINAL all English cover.

Rolando

Screenwriter

You go there often? I signed up a week ago and when I tried to go back last night the site seemed to be gone. Checked today as well and nothing.

Do you know what may have happened?

EDIT:

LOL, never mind, seems to be fine now. sorry.

Rolando

Screenwriter
well Percebe I highly recomend the site mentioned above. Really nice High Rez custom covers. However the selection is a little lower than what was available with DVDCOVERART. But really great work from the artists.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

You have to join the site and then purchase/earn credits. Its not a "free" site per say.

The two best/largest sites for covers IMO are

http://www.generetic.org/forum.html
http://www.r1db.com/

Neither are "free", you need to earn or purchase the right to download the beautiful covers. But the money is so small that when you are converting even hundreds of DVD's like I did, its less than the price of one cheap DVD.

Of course if you are incredibly cheap and don't want to spend even a dime for covers, Ric Easton has some of the best covers found anywhere online on his site for free (but its an obvious small collection)
http://www.rixgrafix.com/index_064.htm

Andy

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Because the quality's good?

Because you get what you pay for?

Or, maybe because it costs the site hosts $$$ to maintain their site?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks