1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

HIGH GAIN SCREEN FEEDBACK ?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by steveGamble, Jun 30, 2006.

1. steveGamble

steveGamble Well-Known Member

Love to hear some feedback from folks who have experience with HIGH GAIN ,, high power,,screens.
    I'll be with a panny ae900u.

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Well-Known Member

What screen are you considering? You mention 'high power', do you mean that in general, or do you mean the dalite high power screen? That's a great match for a lot of situations and displays, and very affordable. Would probably work great, and no any significant hotspotting in my experience.

3. steveGamble

Yes I was going to order the Da Lite High Power. 106" pull down, + cut it and frame it to a 99" frame.
    This will be my first screen.
    I love a BRIGHT picture.....even at the sacrifice of the best blacks.
    Don't know about hot spots.
    But we are 3 seats centered to the screen 11 feet back, projector is shelf mounted 17'6" back close to dead center of screen.

The retailer was suggesting high contrast matt white, as a popular screen.
    BUT......I was wondering what other users thought, who have seen the High power in motion.
    I hear bright vibrant colors, narrow cone view...not that narrow..like 30 degrees??

4. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Well-Known Member

Yes there is a viewing cone, but it's not that narrow from my recollection with this screen. 3 seats wide should be fine. If you were way off to the side it would be a lot dimmer than a matte white, but it doesn't sound like that's the case. It will make an excellent screen.

5. steveGamble

Great to hear Chris.
    I like a bright Image...kind of like making a LCD look like a DLP, with a gain in the screen.
    I saw a sharp DLP projector, with a bright image on a matt white screen and was instantly, wow'd..and wanted to get a screen that would brighten up the image from a Panasonic ae900
    which was not near as bright as the DLP Sharp DT100.

I hope the High power will not blind me...just a little boost in brightness, and color.

Can ANYONE compare the gain with the matt screen, I mean in real terms?
    Does it shine like a TV ? Or is this simply a little extra brightness in the picture.
    a little more color sturation ?