What's new

Hi everyone! (1 Viewer)

trans8010

Auditioning
Real Name
Darren Hood
Well first off Ronald Epstein you are one stand up guy. Personally welcoming me to this fantastic forum. Many of you may have already seen me on other boards since I use this name where ever I go. To start things off I'm 25 and currently reside in Eastern North Carolina, I'm an apprentice meat cutter with Harris Teeter grocery chains and in my spare time I watch films. I currently own about 285 blu rays spanning all genres and eras, but I have to say my favorite genre is of the animation division. There is just something about animation that I adore especially during the golden age with Disney, Warner Bros, MGM, and Fleichser studios and their groundbreaking characters, technques and licensing all of that we see today can be traced back to those innocent times. With that said my favorite cartoons are Tom and Jerry the patomine duo from the genius of Hanna and Barberra. I love the comedic timing, the innovative style, and just the beautiful striking character models that are brought to life in a whimsical style. It also pains me to see that two of my favorite T& J shorts are also being swept under the rug due to intolerences of an era where such discrimination was commonplace. As the history buff as well I can understand the context of these films and the value and significance they hold in the history of hollywood and suppressing those shorts for the sake of PC thinking is just as wrong. Racism still exists and to wipe the slate clean prevents anybody from learning of those mistakes and correcting them or being more tolerant. Look at Family Guy if these shorts were presented as they were originally intended maybe half of those jokes wouldnt be on the show. I see the board has taken action and sent a questionaire to Warner's and I'm really looking forward to the results. I also am glad to be a part of this forum and will enjoy my time here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks