What's new

Hey Austin Texas Buddies? Can anyone help me out? (1 Viewer)

MoG

Stunt Coordinator
Hey All!

I have a HT at our house in Oak Hill. I'd like to have some fellow Austin HT enthusiasts over for a movie, but I also have a "can anyone help me out" question.

I have an omnimount and Sony VPL-HS60 projector installed, but the mount feels a bit "loose" and the projector is not aligned properly despite my best efforts.

I have to replace the projector (Sony VPL-HS60) with a replacement unit Sony is sending due to the original being defective, and I wanted to ask if anyone here has experience installing projectors.

i'm thinking this might involve making slight adjustments to the mount in addition to actually connecting the projector to the mount and adjusting/aligning the image to fit the screen.

Please let me know if this is something you can help with. i'm open to paying for your help in addition to sharing a beer and enjoying a movie!

thanks, mo

HT:
Berkline recliners
130" Silverstar
Sony HS60 720p projector
TWC HD (SA 8300HD DVR)
Samsung HD960 upconverting DVD & a HTPC
7.1 setup - Gallo Reference 3.1 and Due speakers
Cadence Xsub
Lutron RadioRA and QED lighting/drape
and a few other niceties. :)

Colin Dunn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Colin Dunn
Anyone in Austin get HD-DVD or Blu-Ray yet?

If so, what players are good?

I'm thinking the Toshiba HD-XA2 on the HD-DVD side, and waiting until fall for the next generation of Blu-Ray players (new features being added).

MoG

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought the Toshiba A20 and a used PS3 for my HT. Won't be able to set them up until late June due to business travel. :frowning:

MoG

Stunt Coordinator
Hi!

I'm going to be on TV tonight! Fred Cantu ("The Gadget Guy") interviewed me earlier this week about the alarm system I use, and I was told the segment would air tonight at 10pm on CBS KEYE.

If anyone here has the ability to record HDTV and then get it online or onto a disc, I'd greatly appreciate it! I have the ability to record HDTV via my TWC SA8300HD DVR, but the content is locked onto the box.

Anyway, I'd really like to get the HD broadcast. I'd be happy to do an in-person exchange, or if you can upload it somewhere (I have an FTP site you can use).

THANKS!

Here's what I think are the KEYE HD Channels are:
Channels (I think):
42 – Over the air, dish, directv
1541 – TWC HD

Leroy R

Stunt Coordinator
Mark,
You are welcome to come blow it up on my property if you want.

Lee

Nevermind, I see that that post about blowing up your sub was made a year ago.

mike_frontier

Supporting Actor
Damn the good ol days :(

Where's everyone at? Anyone wanna do a Happy Hour or a BBQ meet up??

Whats up?? Let's get this Austin GTG for 2009 / since weather is very nice!!

Leroy R

Stunt Coordinator
I am living in Manor for now. Just had back surgery 2.5 weeks ago, but recovering well and able to get out if someone gets something planned.

mike_frontier

Supporting Actor
We'll see who all still around and see if we can make something happen.

I did PM a lot of forum members, but did not get any replies (jus yet).

Colin Dunn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Colin Dunn
Mike -

Got your PM. I'll be up for a new HTF meet if anyone else is. I'm currently mid-way through a move - sold my old place in Harris Branch, rented a place in Pflugerville for a while, just now bought a place in Pflugerville and am slowly moving from the rental to my own home again!

Once I get moved, my HT will live again!

Leroy R

Stunt Coordinator
Well I'm still here in Manor. Still looking for a job in Michigan so I can move up to my house there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks