What's new

Heroes - Season Four ("Redemption") (1 Viewer)

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
This show has more chances - many more chances than much better shows. They proved that they had no real plans beyond the first season and have gone all over the place since. It's a trainwreck in every way. It's really too bad to see what could have been an interesting show become a joke (especially as quickly as did).

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Wow. a 46% ratings drop. Just.. whoa. NBC unfortunately has nothing on tap to fill in if this plummets but we are talking monumentally bad start. It feels like one of those old "Can this marriage be saved" newspaper columns, except.. "Can This Show Be Saved"
I don't know. Heroes may find itself shuffled to Friday if this keeps up.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone expect a ratings increase for Heroes when it was going up against the season premieres of Dancing With The Stars, House, all those CBS comedies and Monday Night Football? Unless NBC creates a show where they kill people live on TV every Monday night, they're never going to do good against those shows.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me more, your shame as I`ll show you the door.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Lou Sytsma

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me more, I`ll show you the door.
I'm not singling you out but it seems like alot of people feel that way and yet they keep watching despite not having liked the show since the first season. I can't figure out why anyone would keep watching a show that they haven't liked for more than half its run.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun
For the longest time, I thought they had cast Joshua Gomez (Morgan on "Chuck") in the Ray Park role, but then I realized it was Ray Park given all the knife-wielding moves.
Haha. I was wondering who he reminded me of, and it hit me that it was Morgan midway through. I knew it wasn't him, but I saw the resemblance. "Hate to sound like a broken record" (a little Tom Anderson from B&B there), but I thought the slomo knife stuff was terrible. I hope if Park is staying around, they don't use that too much.

As to the question of why people who aren't thrilled with the show stick around, I can't really answer that. There have been several shows that have frustrated me to the point of quitting, and it ends up nagging at me and I seek out the episodes I missed online. Even if I don't like those episodes, I keep watching. It's weird, I know. The point where it becomes a problem for a forum like this is if people who hate the show but keep watching drop in every week just to be a nag. I'm expressing my overall displeasure with the season premiere, but I'll try not to come in just to drop weekly hate bombs if I continue to not love it.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
As much as I enjoy Zachary Quinto and Sylar. I think its time they moved on. It's like the Borg on Trek. They were mysterious and scary. Yet, when Voyager came on. They overused them and they became boring. Sylar is too powerful and its time they focused on other bad guys. Which they seem to do every season...yet it always comes down to Sylar coming in the end and killing them. And the only one who could have stopped him (Peter) was depowered.

On a similar note. Does anyone think they will bring the real Nathan back??

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

I'm not singling you out but it seems like alot of people feel that way and yet they keep watching despite not having liked the show since the first season. I can't figure out why anyone would keep watching a show that they haven't liked for more than half its run.

One reason is grading on a sliding scale. To me, I can sit through the worst episode of Heroes before I can sit through the best episode of, say, How I Met Your Mother. That says nothing about the quality of How I Met Your Mother. Rather, it says something about the type of TV shows I'm predisposed to enjoy. 99% of sitcoms not only bore more, but they border on actively irritating me. The only one I've been able to stomatch in any dose is 30 Rock, and I basically watch that on DVD. So I'm going to watch Heroes because it's the type of entertainment I enjoy, but within that genre, I'm still going to feel completely comfortable calling a spade a spade when it fails to deliver. Besides, there can be moments of enjoyment alongside moments of irritation.

On the other hand, I'm with you when it comes to people who aren't so much disappointed, but just completely don't like anything about a show and see no hope for it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Tim Tucker

I like that everyone is trying to live a normal life again. This type of show works best when the extraordinary is grounded in something close to reality. Previously, Heroes has overdone the extraordinary, which I found alienating.
This was what I liked about it too. Season two started too slowly, so they overcompensated started season three too fast. This seems to be getting back to a better equilibrium, letting them be fairly normal for a while before falling off the deep end.

marryjonthan

Auditioning
Real Name
Marry Jonthan
I had watch heroes Season 3 and but as always, it has been said that It is almost next to impossible to understand the show biz stars. I never found this meaningless, but now Heroes Episodes young actress Hayden Panettiere has compelled me to accept it as bible in season 4.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by todd s

On a similar note. Does anyone think they will bring the real Nathan back??
I would have said yes -- the moment they run into a hero who can make clones or something -- but for the fact that they made a big deal out of how they were not able to copy Nathan's mind, and had to simply hope that the fragments (combined with Sylar's ability to learn about people by touching objects) would provide enough for him to be Nathan-like. So they made it clear that the real Nathan is gone.

At this point the only way to save him is via time travel. Which I suppose might happen.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Will_B

The "when will Sylar turn back into Sylar" plotline has always risked being boring, because everyone is just waiting for that moment to happen. But they've made it interesting with Parkman developing a psychosis over the situation.
I didn't find that interesting at all. To me it seemed like they were just finding a way to give Sylar screen time.

Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

Hayden is not ugly at all, but she's not really my favorite, either. I don't know why.
I think it's the pudgy face.

Overall, the premiere was okay. Seemed like mostly more of the same, but the carnival stuff might be interesting. They definitely killed off the wrong college girl and should have had Gretchen take a plunge instead. And they really need to come up with something better for HRG to do.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Will_B

...the real Nathan is gone.

At this point the only way to save him is via time travel. Which I suppose might happen.
Hey -- idea! What if the Nathan that Sylar killed was actually Sylar-as-Nathan via some time travel?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Ali Larter's character(s) work after 3 unsuccessful tries.
They haven't realized it's not the character. She can't act her way out of a paperbag. It's like watching someone read a book aloud.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks