What's new

Heroes Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I was under the impression that "the Nine" were the older generation that Linderman, George Takei and the Petrelli mom belonged to. Takei's killer looked like a young guy in a hoodie.

I guess we'll just have to keep watching to find out more. :)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Either I'm crazy, there's a lot of Kool Aid going around, or this is just not my cup of tea.

I watched all of last season, and expect for about 5 episodes, the show just felt like it was spinning its wheels, encumbered by some bad dialog delivered by terrible actors.

Frankly, it was a chore to get through the premiere. For the amount of time they had, it seemed like they set up things sooo slowly and didn't have anything other than set up going on.

I guess after getting a year under the belt, most of the people who don't enjoy the show have moved on and the only ones left watching and discussing obviously like what Kring et al are doing. At this point, I'm going to give it about three more episodes. But then again, that's how they strung me out the season last year. That, and I really want to like this show, but the only thing I really liked about the premiere was that there was no Nicky/Jessica.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I really enjoyed the season opener, and had this giddyness as I sat down to watch it. :) Some ramdom thoughts:

Loved the scenes with the manager at Copy Kingdom. What an asshat.

Also hoping Hiro's dad isn't dead. I was hoping that we'd get to see what his power is.

The scenes with Hiro and Kensei were classic. "Yuck" lol

Really looking forward to this season.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Let's just keep it at not your cup of tea. I can guarantee I don't drink the Kool-Aid for any show. If I don't like it, regardless of its popularity, I am gone. I genuinely like it. Not all aspects, naturally. I didn't like Niki/Jessica and hope the integrated character is better utilized this year. But, I don't see much wheel-spinning. It's actually one of the few shows to raise questions and promptly answer them (Lost, I love you, but I'm looking right at you ;)).

Moving on, am I the only one who wouldn't mind a spin-off of Hiro in 16xx Japan? I couldn't get enough of that last night.

Anthony_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony
Am I the only one suprised that both Peter AND Nathan survived the finale? Was this common internet knowledge as no one else has expressed any surprise. I think it kind of cheapened last year's conclusion as that was some poignant stuff. Really disappointed.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I'm wondering about 'Costa Verde, CA' where the Bennet's now live.

Every other location in the show is a real location, why create this fictional town now?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't know that it was common knowledge, but I never really doubted it. Nathan no doubt takes him up, tosses or just lets him go, and gets out of range. Peter survives because of Claire's ability.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

I think that's fair. The set up of season one was far more dramatic than the finish. By the end of season one, even the key cheerleader character wasn't really doing anything particular that required her to be in New York. The whole tagline of "save the cheerleader, save the world" turned out to be BS. They also dropped characters -- the split personality woman, the FBI agent played by the wonderful Carnivale actress -- without apparent reason beyond the writers having written them into cul de sacs.

But it was still an entertaining ride, with some good moments, even if it didn't seem to know where it was going.

Season two will likely be planned out more carefully. One can hope.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

To which character are you refering to when you say "the split personality woman?" I certainly hope you don't mean Niki Sanders, as she is in virtually every episode...

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Yes Niki, whose story with the Las Vegas mobster wound up and we never saw her again. She was one of the best characters -- her conflict with her other half was intense. But then she somehow cured herself. I hope she comes back.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

What is confusing? Her super strength originally only came out when she turned into her other personality. But by the end of season one, she was integrating her two sides. Ah, here's something from a Heroes wiki: "In How to Stop an Exploding Man, Niki finally learns how to use her enhanced strength at will." Apparently this came about because she really loved her child, and she willed herself to this end. They didn't really flesh it out in the narrative.

I was just using her as an example of a character that became superfluous rather quickly. Though as I said, I liked her character and hope they find something for her to do in the second season.

Bill Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill Robertson
I'm still chuckling at those "Irish" accents at the end of the episode (although I think the black guy was meant to be cockney) my wife is Irish and was also killing herself laughing at them. By contrast the guy playing Kensai (sorry never seen him before) was very good at his posh English accent - I just assumed he was British.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks