What's new

HERE'S LUCY: SEASON 4 - MARCH 29TH, 2011 (1 Viewer)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by JohnMor

Wish I didn't have to wait to complete this (and The Lucy Show). But I guess it's character building!

I think it's more of a character building exercise to actually sit there and watch that show! As a kid, I was fascinated by the Lucy marionette at the beginning, but as soon as Lucy's smiling real life face come onto the opening credits I'd think--gah!!! She's old! Yikes!

I thought they should do a show just with the marionette.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
That marionette is the best thing in the show. But even that is stupid ... how could a light bump into someone and make a noise? It always seemed as if HERE'S LUCY went out of its way to be stupid.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Yeah I never understood why she let herself get old. It's so unnatural. Why should we have to see old people in the world? Much better to replace them with puppets. LOL.

And Joe, I think you're reaching now when you have to find fault with the unrealisticness of an ANIMATED opening. ;)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Just four more days till Here's Lucy: Season Four is released on DVD. If there are any reviews of the set, can they posted in this thread please. Have checked on DVD Talk and there's no review of the set on there.

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
Think that is referring to season four of "The Lucy Show" and not "Here's Lucy" season 4, which did indeed come out today. :)

Originally Posted by MBrousseau

But, Amazon.com says that this box set will be released only on april 26!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard

Got my copy. Will be spinning a few select eps tonight. :)

When you've seen the episode with Mike Connors guest starring as Joe Mannix. can you post some comments on the print quality etc. please. Thanks.

Looking forward to receiving my copy in the post.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Originally Posted by WaveCrest

When you've seen the episode with Mike Connors guest starring as Joe Mannix. can you post some comments on the print quality etc. please. Thanks.

Looking forward to receiving my copy in the post.

I watched that one last night. The print quality is superb on every episode I've seen so far. Just amazing. Lucie Arnaz mentions in her introduction that this one in particular was the first one filmed at Universal Studios. And, frankly, the Mannix episode is about as funny as Here's Lucy gets. The scene where she and Mannix are tied up and have to call the cops is hilarious.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Yep, I've seen all of Disc 1 and 3 eps on Disc 2, and they all look excellent!

As bad as it is, this is still the most enjoyable season so far. Even the hideous Lucy in the Jungle ep (which I hadn't seen since it initially aired nearly 40 years ago) yielded a great line in the first scene:

Harry: "I don't want a stranger living in my house! That's why I never married!"

And Lucy looks like she's having an absolute ball this season. The move over the hill to Universal City really energized her.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Great stuff. Thanks for posting some comments/observations on the Mannix episode. Where was Mannix filmed in the 1971-72 season?

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
And gotta add that not only is Lucy's wardrobe chicer this season, but the sets have improved with the move to Universal as well. Aside from slight redecoration of the house, it's pretty much the same, but the office is actually bigger now, which helps. And some of the other sets are jaw dropping. The lobby of the ski lodge in Someone's on the Ski Lift with Dinah is absolutely beautiful.

It helps that Desi Jr. is gone this year, as they wrote Kim a bit smarter and made her more an equal partner for Lucy, instead of having to simply trade dumb fake-teenager lines with Craig. And the ratio of laugh-out-loud funny scenes is the highest of all the seasons so far. Lucy's Punctured Romance is terrific (even if the last scene is too silly.) Worthy of I Love Lucy. Lucy's Replacement is also a top notch ep, with some surprisingly genuine sweet emotion at the end.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Are the discs in slipcases, or is it one DVD case with the discs inside?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard

It is one case with the discs inside, just as the previous seasons were.

Thanks for answering my question. I haven't purchased the first three seasons, so this is why I've asked.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Has anyone noticed on the episode "Lucy Makes A Few Extra Dollars", there is a rattling noise in the scene where Kim is a waitress. It's quite loud. I checked my recorded episode and, apparently, the noise is in there as well. However, it's much more faint. I'm guessing the stereo sound makes it more noticeable. Definitely feels like the audio was damaged or something. It's too bad because it is one of the best scenes in that episode.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Yes, I noticed it and thought perhaps my disc was defective. I wasn't too concerned as overall the picture and sound quality is spectacular. I just watched "Someone's on the Ski Lift with Dinah" last night. Cute episode. Lucy is so relaxed around Dinah whether Dinah's on her show or vice versa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks