What's new

Here Comes CBS 11/12 With February Releases (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Around Tuesday 11/12, we should see the announcements for CBS's February releases. Since it has been a few month's since any classic DVD stuff has come out (save retail releases for BH and PJ), I am hoping we hear about some decent classic stuff coming out. I am hoping for a least a Bonanza or Gunsmoke set as well as an oddball release (Barnaby Jones?). We will see.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Neil Brock said:
Would you settle for a show that changed the way off-network syndication was handled?
A-ha! Is this one that has already been released in Germany?

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Neil Brock said:
Would you settle for a show that changed the way off-network syndication was handled?
After it's announced, perhaps you can fill us in on exactly what happened. You've piqued my curiosity.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Guy Foulard said:
A-ha! Is this one that has already been released in Germany?
At least give me an era so I can take an educated guess? I'm hoping we are not talking about more 80's or 90's stuff. C'mon guys.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Neil Brock said:
...Disney's finishing the Muppet Show? :)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
At first I thought the above post was a joke. Now that I have seen the listing, my reaction is the same as this:

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
MatthewA said:
A 17-episode flop spinoff changed how off-network syndication was handled? How?
Maybe Neil is referring to something else. All the release announcements for February aren't complete yet. Plus what's this Germany thing? Is Joanie available in Germany now or does he mean something else.?

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Well, it's not our private eye Mr. Jones then that show was not shown in Germany. Could still come later from CBS, of course... C'mon, CBS...

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Further seasons of Happy Days, Cannon, Love Boat, Hotel, Bilko and Barnaby Jones are not available in Germany.

High Chapparal is.....

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
It seems something weird is going on over at Paramount?! Why are they releasing a failed sitcom ahead of other popular shows like Barnaby Jones, Early Edition, Love Boat, My Three Sons, Phil Silvers Show or the series that this sitcom was spun-off from- Happy Days!? Perhaps one of the decision makers at Paramount is a big Joanie Loves Chachie fan, which would explain how this show made it to the top of the list, ahead of other more in demand series?!

Anyone know why they are not releasing any further seasons of The Love Boat, did this show have terrible sales or have they just lost interest?!

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I get why Happy Days fans would be excited for JLC. I do. They are probably as happy about this release as I am that WA is gonna release the two Maverick spinoffs. So congratulations to all the Happy Days completists out there!!!

Um, CBS doesn't happen to own SANFORD do they? Oh well.........

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
there was something about how Bonanza and the "lost episodes" might have effected syndication rules, along with High Chaparall years ago. Could be wrong.So what's wrong with Joannie Loves Chachi. Scott Baio has his fans. Outstanding theme song.james

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Knowing Neil Brock's interests somewhat, one guess I would have would be High Chapparral, which is available in Germany. However, it was a NBC show so I don't know if CBS owns it. According to IMDB, Paramount television was a distributor for the show starting in 1999.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
"High Chaparral" would not interest me as I now have a firm policy in place of no more blind-buy westerns until "Big Valley" is finished on DVD. I've still not picked up S9 of "Gunsmoke" which I will eventually to complete the Weaver era, but I'm still on the fence about continuing that title once the new releases start.

I have to assume that subsequent seasons of "Love Boat" are causing some music hang-ups considering that the show has been remastered through S7 I think for several years now. At this point, that or the resumption of "Barnaby Jones" or "Outer Limits" are the only CBS titles that could excite me at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks