What's new

Here Come the Brides- Season 2 (1 Viewer)

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
per the tvattenna website Here come the Brides is on at 1 PM on Sundays. I assume that is Eastern time.

Mary_P

Second Unit
Yes, the schedule is on the website. Just click on the "Schedule" tab and it'll download a PDF of the schedule grid. "Brides" is on Sunday mornings. [ETA: Sorry, 1:00 PM Eastern, noon Central. I was reading the Pacific time column.] Pleasantly surprised to see "Circus Boy" on the schedule too -- looking forward to checking that out. I don't think I've seen more than a clip here and there.

There's also a list of affiliate stations; they have a lot of major markets lined up for OTA and some will also carry it on cable.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Just timed out an episode and it is complete and uncut, coming in at 51:30. Of course, when Sony remastered these they still screwed around with it a little bit. The opening tease scene now comes after the opening credits, not before. And the second season opening credits without the vocal version of the theme song is on the first season episodes but that's something that Sony does with all of the series they syndicate (The Monkees for example).

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
My brother is in Chicago and is all set to begin recording this next month when the second season should be starting on the ME TOO Channel. He also gets ANTENNA TV, but it will be awhile until they get around to the second season if they keep airing the series only once a week. I just wish I knew if the shows are uncut on ME TOO. Also ME TOO definitely has their bug on the screen. Obviously the ANTENNA version is preferable, but I'm trying not to bother my bro in having to record it twice. I'm also not sure that waiting for Antenna to get to the second season is the wisest move. From what I read they will be changing their schedule every quarter, so who knows if BRIDES will even reach the second season on there if it keeps getting shuffled off.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Happy to report that Antenna aired the first episode of season 2 today and A) it comes in at 51:15, which I assume is uncut, B) the cold open is where its supposed to be, before the opening credits, and C) the biggest surprise of all - they used the vocal version of the theme. Now, technically that's a mistake as the vocal version belongs on the first season but since Sony messed that up its still great to see it for the first time in over 40 years. Best of all, no bug on the screen!

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
That's great news, Neil! ME TOO crapped out and as far as I know they never showed the second season, so it will be fantastic to finally get to see it off of ANTENNA. Let's hope they show the entire season.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
The one thing that pisses me off the most about the Internet is experts who claim to know everything, but in reality, they don't. On Wikipedia, I edited the music section to say that the vocal variation was the original version of theme song, and the instrumental one was the new version. But the so-called "experts" have striked once again. http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Here_Come_the_Brides&oldid=438176610#Music (My edit) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_Come_the_Brides#Music (Current edit)

mark-edk

Second Unit
Memory is a funny thing, but the current Wikipedia version is exactly how I remember the music titles from the original ABC series. I was a big fan of the show and even wrote a letter to ABC to try and save it from cancellation. During that time I was taping tv themes off-air and saving them for a collection. When the show began I distinctly recall it had a purely instrumental theme. Although 'theme' is a generous way to describe it, because the instrumental version contained no actual 'theme' at all. It was in my opinion intended to be a backing track: chords, progressions, etc, that did not include the actual tune, which was to be overdubbed in a different session. IOW it probably wasn't intended to be heard 'as is' but only after the theme was overdubbed onto it. About half-way thru the first season the vocal track was added to the backing and for the first time the actual melody was heard. (For the first time in the titles; it had been heard in the dramatic scoring for the show all along.) The vocals remained, as I recall it, thru the second season (confirmed by the singers being named in the 2nd season closing credits, again as I recall it). Of course as soon as the vocal version of the theme appeared I added that to my tape of tv themes, but it came second, not first. I know this sequence of events contradicts what others claim in this thread, but based on my recollection and my collection of tv themes from the time, I'm convinced that Wikipedia, for once, has it right.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I have a pretty good memory for things like this but I began to doubt myself with all of the "experts" popping up and saying otherwise. Thanks to the existence of actual ABC broadcast prints of episodes in a couple of archives, I was able to sit down and check out a couple of first season episodes which did contain the vocal version of the theme. My recollection is that season one had the theme, season 2 just had an instrumental version. It is possible and certainly not unheard of for credits to be changed during the season. I do know this - the opening scene never came AFTER the opening credits as they do on the first season DVD release. That's something Sony did when they remastered the show in the 80s. Now, we know that over the years, Sony/Columbia/Screen Gems, whatever you want to call them, has screwed around with their opening credits sequences on shows in syndication. Examples - The Flintstones when they syndicated it only had the vocal theme, not the original title sequence which ran the first two years. The Monkees all had second season opening credits on all episodes. The original Partridge Family theme, When We're Singin' was replaced on the first season with C'mon Get Happy. Hell, when they sold The Young Rebels to CBN back in the 80s, they couldn't find the opening credits and CBN had to come up with a bogus opening for the show.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
vnisanian2001 said:
The one thing that pisses me off the most about the Internet is experts who claim to know everything, but in reality, they don't. On Wikipedia, I edited the music section to say that the vocal variation was the original version of theme song, and the instrumental one was the new version. But the so-called "experts" have striked once again. http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Here_Come_the_Brides&oldid=438176610#Music (My edit) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_Come_the_Brides#Music (Current edit)
I read both entries and yours is the one that I believe is factual.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Anybody else lose picture for about 2 minutes at around the 5 minute mark of Sunday's episode? Just wondering if that was Antenna or my local affiliate that had the problem. By the way, with the lost picture included, running time this week was a couple of seconds shy of 51:30, similar to the first season, meaning that the episode last week was trimmed by about 15 seconds. For anyone keeping score at home.

Rosetta Barlow

Auditioning
Real Name
Rosetta Barlow
Sadly, after all that, I don't have antena TV...I have sattelite and you have to get some sort of cable hooked to your sattelite. So, I never even got to see them:(

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
If you get season 2 copied from Antenna TV and they are decent copies, then send me a PM. Thanks

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Well, its finally coming out on DVD. Those without ANTENNA TV, I'm sure will be pleased. I'm quite happy with the copies I'm getting from there so for me this news comes about a six months too late to get excited about.

Mary_P

Second Unit
I get Antenna TV and have been recording Season 2, but I'm still excited about it. The broadcast is pretty good, but I'll be much happier to have a commercially produced set. Good to have a release date!

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Very glad that the second season is being released. Didn't think I would see it.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Great to see this show finally see completion. I know Glen, in particular, is a big fan of this one and is surely happy about this news.

Gary "thanks, Shout Factory!" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks