What's new

Here Come the Brides- Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
Now that Big Valley Season 2 has been announced, do we have any news yet on Season 2 of HCTB?

Has anyone heard anything from Sony?

Just wondering- I'd hate to see this one be a one season set as it only ran 2 seasons total.

Jack

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
It's on that list we don't get to see. Along with Season 2 of SWAT, Season 3 of Mad About You and the first season sets for their black and white sitcoms from the 50s.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Sony did release both seasons of That's My Mama at once, even though they were butchered.

I, personally, think shows with 50 episodes or less or two seasons should be released all in one package.

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
Well, I hope it's going to happen- Do we know how well Season 1 sold? I know initially on Amazon it was selling pretty strong and in the top DVD's section.

At this hour, after posting this morning, 77 people have looked at the thread- I wonder how many of those would be HCTB buyers-

If anyone knows how Season 1 sold, let us know!

Jack

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

I'd go one step further and be happy to see things released "Get Smart" style, all at once. Give us the whole shebang instead of dragging it out over years and years. At the rate Alfred Hitchcock is going we won't see the full 10 seasons until 2014.

Mary_P

Second Unit
(waving hand frantically) Oooh, me, ME!!

Disappointing (and puzzling) packaging and rearrangement of title elements etc aside, the print quality was terrific and I really enjoyed seeing season 1 again after many, many, many years. I hope this isn't another "one and done."

I'd love to see more series go the "Get Smart" route too. Unfortunately, what we're getting more of is individual season sets, strung out over several years, followed by a full-series box set that both costs less and includes more bonus material. I'm still miffed over the "Buffy: The Chosen" set with its bonus disc that wasn't made available separately to those of us who already bought all seven seasons individually. Preparing to be miffed again over the "Homicide" box set, unless A&E does release the three L&O crossovers as a separate set as well as including them in the box.

Mary

Rosetta Barlow

Auditioning
Real Name
Rosetta Barlow
I so very much enjoyed the first season and I would hate to think they would deny us the second season!!! I encourage all of you to buy the first season and then they would get enough revenue to warrant the release of the second season. For those of you that probably have already seen both seasons because you lived in the 60's, it's not fair to the rising generation who want to view and own HCTB second season. I am really hoping that someone can get Sony to release it!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Well, the show is going to be airing on Antenna TV affiliates starting January 1st. No idea if it will be complete or butchered, like on Chopmark or (Bad) TV Land. An email I received said they were going to have "limited" commercials so fingers crossed, maybe they won't be hacked up.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by Neil Brock

Antenna TV's Sean Compton: ..... We air the shows the way that the distributors supply us. We will do no editing on our end. We also will not be squeezing the end credits nor will we have an Antenna TV bug/logo on the screen during programming. Stations locally may decide to put theirs up, but nationally we will not display one.

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Now, the question is, will Sony/Colpix be supplying unedited episodes for all the shows? [/COLOR]

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
So is AntennaTV airing on digital Comcast channels at all, or do we have to get a dish? I would love to get Season 2 HCTB episodes!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by DeWilson

Antenna TV's Sean Compton: ..... We air the shows the way that the distributors supply us. We will do no editing on our end. We also will not be squeezing the end credits nor will we have an Antenna TV bug/logo on the screen during programming. Stations locally may decide to put theirs up, but nationally we will not display one.

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Now, the question is, will Sony/Colpix be supplying unedited episodes for all the shows? [/COLOR]

That's the million dollar question. My guess is that all of these shows have been remastered for high definition and that they would be mastered complete. Unlike the 80s when syndicators would master shows for a 22 minute run time for syndication, nowadays the shows that a network like Antenna is picking up, don't really run in traditional syndication any more. So the need for shortened episodes is actually less than it was 25 years ago. I'm guessing (and hoping) that we will see these shows unedited. Of course, I would love to see Here Come The Brides with the original first season opening credits with the vocal version of the theme song restored by that may be asking too much. Also, seeing the opening teaser back where it belongs, before the credits, would be nice as well.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by mrmike898 , you can find out if there is a local channel in your area that broadcasts the Antenna TV network.

And then what you have to do is find out if your cable or satellite provider will be carrying it. If not, what you will have to do is buy a digital antenna and if you still have an analog TV, a converter for your television to allow it to pick up a digital signal.

Rosetta Barlow

Auditioning
Real Name
Rosetta Barlow
How will I know what the schedule is? I wouldn't know where to check and see when it would be on! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks