What's new

Helping a friend $500 budget-receiver and speakers (1 Viewer)

Nathan J

Stunt Coordinator
My friend has $500 for a Receiver and speakers.....Anyone have some good ideas?

He is open to used eqipment also.

The receiver has to be DD, DTS.

Thanks

DonnyD

Screenwriter
There's several receivers that will do a good job and leave some bucks for a set of speakers. The JBL N series represents a great speaker for low cost.

Debbie_L

Stunt Coordinator
Nathan,

Check out a seller on eBay called "harmanaudio." This is the eBay seller name used by (official Harman Kardon company web site for Harman Kardon/Infinity/JBL online sales). The website offers good prices, but they seem to be even lower if you buy through their eBay listings. You should be able to get a fantastic deal on the Harman Kardon HK 125 receiver on eBay. These units are re-manufactured and carry the original factory warranty. They generally go for under $200. and would be a good choice for a budget system -- check out the specs. at www.harmankardon.com or www.harmanaudio.com

As for speakers, how about the JBL NSP1 package, Fluance, or the Onkyo SKS-HT500. The Onkyo 5.1 set-up can be had at Circuit City for $299. and at JandR.com for $219. There's a good review of the Onkyo's at: http://electronics.cnet.com/electron...?tag=pdtl-list

Good luck in your search and let us all know what you end up putting together for your friend.

Morlan Liu

Stunt Coordinator
Just got my Yamaha RX-V530 receiver $250, JBL NSP1 II speakers $250, and DLS 10 subwoofer $140. I'm pretty happy with it. Check on eBay, that's where I got everything. I think the eBay ID of the seller was ElectronicsSuperstore?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks