What's new

help (1 Viewer)

Mike Mundt

Stunt Coordinator
Im buying Definitive Technology BP2006TL bipolar towers in the next few weeks. They will become my fronts, and I like to set them to small on my reciever because it takes a lot of stress off the amplifier. The Def Tech speakers im buying have built in powered subwoofers, def tech says that you can just plug reg speaker cables into the speakers and it will apply the necessary crossover to the subwoofer and use its own internal amp to power the sub. Since they have powered subs built in, id like to give them the full frequency range, but the only way to do that is to set them to large.

So my question is, if I set my speakers to large on my reciever, will this not affect the recievers amplifier because all the lower frequency signals will be powered by the internal subwoofer amplifer? Or will it still put a stress on the amp, even though the subs are actually being powered by their own internal amp.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Your fine! Instead of using the crossover built into the receiver you use the one built into the speakers.

The receiver is still only powering the mids and highs.

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks