1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Yamaha RX-V671

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jceelica2197, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Jceelica2197

Jceelica2197 Member

I have the Yamaha RX-V671 and I am having trouble increasing the sound of voices in movies. How do I increase the sound of the voices? the background music and sound effects are all louder than the voices, I tried all the different cinema DSP scene modes, and cant get the dialog to increase in movies. I am using a 5.1 setup and when i go into dialog lift it comes up grayed out.
    What can do?
    Thanks.

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Dialog lift is a "height" mode(as in DPL IIz/Presence). (basically it is intended to create the "image" the voices are coming from the TV, not from under it in "typical center speaker arrangement")
    Is it that you can't understand the center at all...or is it really just that the volume is low?
    If the volume, you need to go into the level and raise the center. Or have you already done that...and it was no help?

3. Jceelica2197

Jceelica2197 Member

The volume on the center channel is very low when watching movies. I didn't know I could raise the center channel, How do I do that?

4. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Go into speaker set-up...or run YPAO.