What's new

Help with VPH-1272Q setup (1 Viewer)

James McNabb

Auditioning
Bought a used Sony CRT PJ and need help setting it up. The manual only has numbers for 4:3 and I have a 106" 16:9. Also, I have figured out that it was setup for a very large screen, so I need the Medium CRT spacers. Not sure about the part numbers, but could be 4-395-560 (M-OUT), 4-395-561 (M-IN). I have the Large spacers which are numbered 4-395-562 (L-OUT) and 4-395-563 (L-IN). Also, I had no idea how HUGE this thing was whe nI bought it online and I think I'm probably going to have ceiling mount this monster to keep it from eliminating too much viewing area in the room. Should I reinforce the ceiling joists for this? The space is over the garage and I can get to it. I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to the HT projector stuff and would appreciate any help that can be provided.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
This would be your better resource for info on a CRT PJ. I ran a couple CTR's for a while and learned alot from the guy's over at AVS. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=16
I never owned a Sony, except for one I bought for $400. and sold for $1900 the next week. My NEC was not to hard to set up for 4:3 or 16:9, I ran both using a scaler.

Wes

James McNabb

Auditioning
Thanks for the tip, Wes. I already found the CRT section over at AVS Forum. I realized after making this post that it was not in the right section, however I didn't see a way to move it. I originally googled for HT setup in Austin and found a group of guys in the Austin area on this forum, but they haven't proved very helpful. Even offered to pay one of the guys for a referral or to help tune the PJ, but got absolutely no reply. I'll proabably spend my time over at AVS.

Thanks, again.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Do a search on Sony Setup at AVS, I think there was a guide for Sony someone had made a while back.

Good luck!

Colin Dunn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Colin Dunn
James -

Looks from your subject line that you are in Austin. Have you been to one of the Austin meets yet or talked to anyone in the Austin threads?

I know JonathanDA has set up a CRT projector before (he has one in his HT), so he may be able to give you some hints on getting started. I think he's using a Barco instead of a Sony, but he (with the help of some friends) ceiling-mounted and calibrated his projector himself.

Try reposting your question in one of the Austin threads, and you might get a response from someone nearby.

I'm a digital projector kind of guy, so I don't have any good answers to your questions. But maybe someone else will step in with the exact information you need...

James McNabb

Auditioning
Colin,
Thanks for the tip. I originally intended to post this in the Austin DIY forum, but being my first post, I screwed it up;)

ReneZam

Stunt Coordinator
i too have a Sony 1272q how are you running it? direct from s-video or thru some kinda of scaler HTPC this will help with the 4:3 or 16:9 question? and as far as the spacers go there is a place that sells them contact me and i will send you the info since we can not promote any web sites i have a celling mount i can part with but i bought it from a wholesaler and i dont know if it is complete let me know if you need any spare parts i have a working 2nd unit that i can sell too...i went with a floor mount instead with a coffee table over it that i built just in case i ever need to replace the tubes lens or make any kind of ajustements i can save myself some neck pain i am no means a pro but i can be bribed with beer and food.. you are more than welcome to stop by my place and see how i have it set up im in san marcos

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks