What's new

Help with projector and Screen (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Go into Control Panel. Look for Intel(R) GMA.

If you have that, that is the driver. If you don't have that...put the pointer over them all(do not click any) and wait till you see something like "driver for graphics".

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Intel HD Graphics replaced GMA in 2010...however, not all computers hopped off GMA to HD Graphics.

Edit:

Yours is a Core i5, so it is HD Graphics.

Real Name
Swaroop
Yes, I found Intel HD graphics in device manager. When I clicked update drivers, it says the drivers are up-to-date.

I just found that when I connect my Laptop to projector directly via HDMI cable, I can see the display. But I cannot see display when I connect laptop to my Onkyo and Onkyo output to BenQ. So Onkyo problem?

I had same setup before, instead of BenQ I used to Vizio HD TV. I had no problems.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Aahhh...

If you never unplugged the Onkyo from the wall between "taking out the Vizio* and adding the BenQ" the HDCP in the Onkyo is probably halting progress.

Welcome to being bitten by HDCP. Have a feeling that is all that is wrong. Turn off the Onkyo and unplug it from the wall for 15-20 minutes.

*The Onkyo has to "forget the Vizio existed"...

Real Name
Swaroop
The projector and TV are in different rooms. So yes, I did unplug Onkyo few times (for longer than 20 mins). That did not help. Does Onkyo need some kind of driver/sfotware update?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Are you using the two different hdmi outputs...or "hot swapping" one?I seem to recall Onkyo sub HDMI (the second one) having issues on greater the 30ft HDMI. But, if you are switching the HDMI output, not sure what to tell you. I've not heard of any Onkyo/ BenQ issues.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I should retract a bit...We have a thread here with Onkyo 515 owners saying issues galore.Some sources say Nvidia is the problem...where it doesn't like anything between the comp and display.I have no issues with 4 different AVR and 3 different laptops(Acer and 2 HP)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What is odd...Seems nobody has issues AVR to TV when using a computer.It It always computer, AVR to projector. And 3D off computers causes fits.

Real Name
Swaroop
I purchased this item on April 02, 2013. There were few firmware updates available after that. I did not do any updates so far. Do you think if I do an update, it might help?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If not current, that can cause an issue with anything.Like I mentioned, projectors seem to cause more issues than TV does. I read the X series Denon aren't being happy campers with computers and projectors either.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You'll hate this, but...

Lots of people are saying Yamaha plays the nicest..computer -> AVR -> Projector.

Makes no sense why...but there it is.

Pioneer has just as many issues as Onkyo.(if you go by the forums). I have an Onkyo NR1008 twin displayed to a Hitachi plasma and JVC projector with a Lenovo IdeaCentre. Never had a hiccup.

If the 3D drivers in the computer are out of date(there is a thread around here about that as well)...that can cause issues.

Real Name
Swaroop
I will give a try with 3D drivers.

I am thinking of a work around. I am at work, I will give a try after going home.

Projector came with a cable (I dont know the name, VGA??) which can be connected to laptop and it is displaying fine. So I am thinking of:

1. Connect this cable between laptop and projector for video.
2. Connect HDMI cable between Laptop and Receiver for audio to my speaker system.

Do you think this will work? Or can you think of any work arounds with extra cables/devices?

Real Name
Swaroop
I gave up on Benq, returned it and got Optoma HD131Xw. I had no problems with it. Both blue ray and laptop HDMI are working fine. Its hard to believe it is benq problem, but Optoma has no problems with my HDMI sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks