What's new

Help with new ht projector (1 Viewer)

plantnerd

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeremy Johnson
Hello all I am in the process of setting up our first theater. We have been working on finishing a basement for about 18 months, and I have come across many things already that I will do differently next time, BUT, here we are... This is my setup so far, looking for a little assistance in selecting a projector. Yamaha rxv-667 Klipsch HD 1000 5.1 Klipsch Icon WF-34 fronts Severtson white 92" fixed screen My room is 14x24, but the viewing area is really about 14x16, screen is on one of the 14' walls. While we don't have complete lighting control, it's a pretty nice cave type room setup. I'm guessing that the wife will allow for about a $1300-1500 max on a projector. Toughts? Also, I need help sourcing a tv for the kids' play room. In our cabinets I left about 55" of shelf space for a dedicated flat panel. While I don't have to fill it up, I would like to have a pretty custom look, and since it's a kid room, full-hd isn't a necessity, as much as budget likely is. Am I best to wait until Christmas sales, or is there a good deal out there right now? Thanks

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I recommend the Epson 8350 for LCD, and the Mitsubishi HC4000 for DLP. Do you plan to ceiling mount projector? How tall is your ceiling? What is your budget for TV? Do you prefer LCD or plasma?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks