1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with my projecter screen !!

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by jesseroberge, Nov 21, 2011.

1. jesseroberge

jesseroberge Member

Hi there, I recently purchased some screen material on eBay, and actually installed it on the frame that I built today. The question that I had for you guys was; Is it normal that I had a hard time tightening my screen material ? The material was very heavy and robust "good quality" stuff, but when I flip the frame over to look at the finished job, I noticed that there were very slight waves from left to right of my screen, I assume this is due to the fact that the material was rolled up for a long time. Will this wave effect leave or vanish at a certain point in time ? Was it normal that I had trouble tightening the screen material around the frame ?

The link below is the screen material I used...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/115-HDTV-MOVIE-PROJECTION-PROJECTOR-SCREEN-MATERIAL-/300429334992?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63

Thanks in advance :)

Jesse !!

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Well-Known Member

Jim
    I built a screen years ago with blackout cloth, and it takes a lot of work to pull it tight. It's definitely a 2 person job(one to stretch it while the other one staples). I know the ad says it is not blackout cloth, but it probably is. You need to re-do it. I would lay it out flat until it looks wrinkle free. If you don't re-do it, the wrinkles will actually get worse over time.