What's new

Help setting up 5.1 speaker system (1 Viewer)

joez63

Auditioning
Real Name
joe
I am looking to spend $1,000.00 with sub. I have a pioneer vsx 1019 ah-k & samsung ln52a650 & PS3. I have been looking at the SVS SBS 01 system with the PB-12 any ideas?

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Speakers are a very personal choice. Many on this forum will recommend this SVS system and I don't think anyone would recommend against then. Have you considered other systems? Since SVS are Internet retailers unless you have friends who own them you will have to purchase them and get them in your home to see if you like them. I hear that SVS has a very liberal refund policy but I suspect that few are returned.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I have a pair of the Energy C-50's and think they're a very good speaker considering their price. Very good build quality, excellent sound, stereo imaging, sound stage, etc. and quite attractive. Carefull use of the bass/treble controls can yield excellent results. They were a great deal at the close-out pricing but they're getting harder to find.

Blu4ever

Grip
Real Name
Patrick
Originally Posted by gene c

I have a pair of the Energy C-50's and think they're a very good speaker considering their price. Very good build quality, excellent sound, stereo imaging, sound stage, etc. and quite attractive. Carefull use of the bass/treble controls can yield excellent results. They were a great deal at the close-out pricing but they're getting harder to find.
Great post Gene...I would also add speaker placement is critical to a achieving a great sound field with a 5.1 speaker set-up.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
About the exact opposite of your Klipsch Synergy's, eh? (Man, I have a lousey Canadian accent! ).

Blu4ever

Grip
Real Name
Patrick
I don't know Gene...Energy speakers are a Klipsch company. The horns don't bother me, but yea they can be a little bright for some.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Ya' Klipsch bought Energy but those two speakers are completely different when it comes to sound type and efficiency. Completely opposite ends of both spectrums. Not saying one is better than the other, just different. Way different.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks