What's new

Help Save the Spiderman: WTC Teaser for the DVD! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Put on the trailer with a warning screen before you view it, problem solved.
I'm curious. If this trailer is NOT hidden away as an Easter Egg, what would you suggest would be a proper "warning screen" for this?

Personally, if I see a menu option on the disc for "Teaser Trailer featuring World Trade Center" or even extended wording like "Teaser Trailer featuring World Trade Center; pulled from marketing campaign after the WTC's destruction on 9/11/01", then that's all the warning I think anyone really needs, personally.

There's an old saying: "Never apologize, never explain."

paul o'donnell

Second Unit
What I meant was something along the lines of:

On the "trailers" section of the extras have:

Teaser 1 (the old old webs one)

Teaser 2 (some swinging)

Teaser 3 (WTC)

Don't have any of the stuff in brackets. Only, when you click on the 3rd one the player goes to a warning screen which says something along the lines of:

This trailer was the original trailer which appeared in cinemas prior to the events of September the 11th, it is presented here in its entirity. We would like to warn you that the trailer features a shot of the WTC towards the end. If you would prefer not to view this trailer please choose the "back" option at the bottom of the screen, otherwise choose "play trailer".

We felt it was important to include this trailer because it was part of the films advertising and as such should be part of the dvd bonus features.

Jay Rodriguez

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like for the WTC trailer to be on the DVD. Either hidden as an eater egg, or not. But please don't omit this trailer from the DVD.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Okay, this issue of removing the WTC towers from the trailer is bordering on PC rather than logic.

Everyone knows what the WTC towers were and what they meant to the US and other people around the world. Removing them (i.e. not including that version of the trailer on the DVD), IMHO, is doing a great disservice to those that died in the WTC and everyone else that was involved with the whole disaster. And as we sit in our homes enjoying our freedom (that sometimes we take for granted) and watching the DVD that we're able to buy and enjoy seeing the towers will make appreciate what we have just that much more.

Seeing the WTC would be bittersweet. It would make us hurt but sometimes pain can be a good thing. For those that need a refresher on what happened and how it impacted us, it would be a much needed reminder. And we can be rest assured that there people out there with a narrow enough view on life and history that have forgotten and possibly don't even care.

Remember; sometimes pain can hurt pretty bad but can also make one stronger.

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator
This is definately a tough call on anyones part, but i think it should be included as a well-hidden easter egg on the dvd, when it comes out.

It is a great teaser trailer and it should be preserved.

Jamie Boyd

Auditioning
I think the trailer should be included on the disk.

I don't care if it is titled so people understand what it is before playing it, has a warning like Paul suggested, or is an easter egg, but I really think it should be on there.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Why should it be HIDDEN???

Stop being so goddamn PC about it.

Put it right there on the packagaing. "Special features include: Original teaser with the World Trade Center".

Some people are such cowards about this.

Maybe it's from living in the immediate area of the WTC, but come on people, stop sweeping this under the rug.

Next thing you know we'll be putting the 1976 King Kong DVDs behind the counter:

"Psst...I'm looking for King Kong. You got it?"

"Yeah. Please keep your voice down".

Mike

Arthur Sherman

Auditioning
Having worked on the 73rd. floor in the south tower for the last 15 years , I would urge the director to include footage of the Trade Center

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
I most definitely agree with Paul's idea. Personally, it pains me to see today the censorship of such a magnificent structure of America. Count me in for having this trailer somewhere - anywhere on the DVD! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jason Borchers

Second Unit
I snagged it off the web before it was removed (all three sizes :)).
Forget the WTC issue. It should be on the DVD for one reason: because it's a great teaser, one of the best ever. It's a huge shame some people might not ever get to see it.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I like the trailer too.. at first you think its just some cop and robbers movie or something.. then turns out to be spiderman. I like previews that don't tell you the whole #$*&#(^$( movie.

JACOB

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I think it should absolutely be included, although I doubt it will be. Overly cautious "PC sensitivity" and all...
As a piece of the film's advertising...it should be included. The fact that it features the twin towers shouldn't mark it as "unwatchable". Not to sound insensitive, but shocking tragedies didn't force studios to burn the negatives for The Crow or Queen of the Damned...
In my opinion, anything filmed before 9/11 that features the Towers should remain intact. You gain nothing by removing them, and I think they deserve to be seen in their original form.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I hear there is a special effect magazine that has the spiderman teaser on it.. on dvd.

JACOB

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks