What's new

Help Please.... (1 Viewer)

BrianGB

Auditioning
If someone can give me an answer here, you will be my new best friend.I'm finishing setting up my 7.1 surround sound, onkyo, my samsung HDTV, which I believed to have the best video available, wide screen. Also I have a toshiba HDTV upconverter using the HDMI cord and all the rest of the cords are as good as my money can buy.

So now the million dollar question. What DVD is set with 16 by 9 aspect, or 1.77 or 1.78 since its all the same and will fill my screen, one that is recent and will have a picture that will really wow me, thats part one. Part two is getting the 7.1 in its prime working in the same movies... I woud love to hear this come in great of course. I typically like war or action movies, but if there are none out right now that have that real wow effect Ill be happy with just about anything.

Ive been looking for hours without help, so if someone knows, please tell me my new best fried. :)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Not exactly brain food, but Starship Troopers Superbit is definitely eye candy.

And I assume you've used a setup disc like Digital Video Essentials to tweak the settings. DVE has a cool bit of shuttle footage that currently holds a place on my demo sampler DVD.

- Steve

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Toy Story 1 & 2 SE's would both do the job at 1.77:1

War of the Worlds might it is 1.85:1, as is Saving Private Ryan.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Starship Troopers is also 1.85x1, but I doubt most people will be able to tell due to overscan.

- Steve

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Quite a bit of recent animation, particularly the Pixar type, has been done at 16:9 native. The most recent edition of Toy Story looks about as good as DVD can.

Richard Matich

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have 16 X 9 tv yet but I'd say Toy Story 1&2 SE movies for you. Anyone will enjoy those. Well allmost. I know I think they are great. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks