What's new

Help Please: looking for 50-53" HDTV for $2000 (1 Viewer)

NealH

Grip
Hi..I have an entertainment center with a 53in wide opening to place a large screen tv...

It apppears that the biggest widescreen tv I can place will be in the 50-53 in screen....

what can you remember in the $2000 range...

I have looked at Sony 51in HDTV(SONY KP51WS500)
..but I have seen large number of flicker or color issue in reviews at CC..$1999

I liked the pic on the RCA Scenium 52" RCA D52W135D ..I hate the idea of built in DVD player(and paying for it) and I have seen people have had issues with it $1899

Hitachi 51'' Widescreen Ultravision HDTV Monitor
Brand/Model: HIT 51UWX20B..$1999.99...older version?? vs Hitachi below

Hitachi 51" Widescreen Ultravision HDTV Monitor
Brand/Model: HIT 51SWX20B ..looks real nice it bit more than I want to spend.. $2500

I am not sure what features to look for..the more I read the more confused I get...

JoeHard

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought a Pioneer SD-533HD5 this past week for 1995.00 at a local A/V store and am very pleased so far. I consdered the 51 inch Sony and could have bought it for 1495.00 at hh gregg but I liked the Pioneer better and felt it to be worth the extra cash. Good luck

Greg_L_C

Stunt Coordinator
I recently bought the kp46ws500. With a little AVIA tweaking the picture is excellent. I saw a service bulletin on Sonys website about the flicker problem with the 51. They said it is isolated to a small number of projectors and offer replacement projectors if it occurs.

Greg

NealH

Grip
Thanks

Hmm..nice to know the Sony only has 4 lens setup whereas the others use 5 lens..is this an important difference

NealH

Grip
The Pioneer SD-533HD5 has some very nice reviews..I would prefer to find it in a retail store if possible...anyone know a place in the Tampa,FL area

Greg_L_C

Stunt Coordinator
Their are others here that can give you a more accurate answer, but I believe the number of lens elements has more to do with adjusting the focal length and increasing the "sweet spot" or raster of the lens. Other things Like diameter are important to. All models your looking at would have high quality lenses.

I bought the Sony for the price, DVI, dual turners, picture modes seemed better than the Mits or Hitachi's I looked at.

Greg

sean_pecor

Stunt Coordinator
Important! Don't let your 53" horizontal width limit you to 51" or smaller sets. Keep in mind that 16:9 widescreen TV dimensions are diagonal size, which works out to a smaller horizontal width!

Examples:

The 57" Toshiba 57HDX82 is exactly 52.2 inches wide and you can grab one for under $2,000.

The 55" Mitsubishi 55311 is around $2,000 and the enclosure is 50.5" wide.

And so on...

BTW, I'm not necessarily a proponent for larger screens. I recently purchased a Sony KP46WT500 and love it!

Sean.

NealH

Grip
Thanks for the good advice

No I am not limiting myself based on pic size..but width of the TV cabinet to insure it will fit in the enclosure..really do not want to get it home and find it is a 1/2 in to wide...opening is about 53in..maybe touch less..so I am staying with sets in 50in width..if I can find one slightly bigger I would

baja

Agent
NealH I am in Tampa also. Hey neighbor!...lol I am currently having a house built with an entertainment center being built. My finished opening will be 54" wide, not far from yours. I am looking at the Pioneer Pro 530 and Mit Platinium 55511. I know these units are more $ but either of these units should fit in your opening.

NealH

Grip
Small world..Baja

How much more are these TVs...Pioneer Pro 530 and Mit Platinium 55511

the Pioneer SD-533HD5 has nice reveiws seems Pioneer makes so very nice HDTV

Josh_SR

Stunt Coordinator
sup peeps...

i have the RCA Scenium 52" RCA D52W135D and its great so fare .... picture is very nice and the dvd player is a nice plus to....... my only problem with the dvd player is that all the reds in movies look blocky..... but i read most dvd players do this.

NealH

Grip
At CC the picture on the RCA looked nicer than the Sony...did not compare it to the Hitachi...and have not seen a Pioneer yet....

John Geelan

Screenwriter
"Hitachi 51" Widescreen Ultravision HDTV Monitor
Brand/Model: HIT 51SWX20B ..looks real nice it bit more than I want to spend.. $2500"

That Hitachi gets rave reviews. Very comparable to the Pioneer for less the price.

JoeHard

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the Pioneer because I thought it had the best picture for the price.Picture is sharp and no red or green push.The stretch modes are also very good.No DVI input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks