1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP!!! panasonic RV32 dvd player

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Nathan J, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Nathan J

Nathan J Well-Known Member

OK, so I have had this player for about a year and a half or so, and for the most part, I have been happy with it.

Then, recently, I started listening to music a lot more in my home, and I noticed that there was some noise in it, although it was not really noticeable, as I was running some old Phase tech speakers.

So, saturday, I went and picked up my new pair of Focal Chorus 715's, and hooked them up.....Holy crap I love them.
    Anyways, they are EXTREMELY revealing of the electronics, and now the noise in my dvd player is killing me.

I even hear it on movies, which I hardly ever did before, but on music....uhhggg, its just terrible.

I know its the dvd player, because thats the only time I hear it is when I am using the dvd player, and the noise starts and stops when you hit pause/play , or when there is a menu in a movie....etc.

The sound is kinda like...ummmm......whoooottttt ttt t tt tt tt tt

Like if you were to "roll" a T- sound...thats about the only way that I can describe it.

So, has anyone else experienced this? Is the player shot? Should I just get a new one?

Any trouble shooting that I can do?

Thanks for all the help,

Nate

2. Nathan J

Anyone?

I need help here!!![​IMG]

3. John S

John S Well-Known Member

Players are cheap (well fairly cheap)

Maybe time to step up to a new player, with DCDi and component video if your still using Svideo and/or composite.

4. Nathan J

Alright, thanks.