What's new

Help me spend 2K :) (1 Viewer)

htCanada

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Hi Everyone,

This is my second go around for a home theater.... the last one was great, but buying all new equipment for my new home/theater. I sold my last setup with my home.

I already purchased a Sanyo PLVZ2000 and a Goo Systems screen (Loved mine last time) , I also have a PS3 so Blu-Ray is covered along with HD Sattellite. I'm running 2 HDMI 1.3a cables directly to the projector ..

If you had 2K to Spend on 2 Front speakers, Center speaker, 2 Rears, Sub and a 5.1 receiver(or amp) ... What would you buy? My room is 16 feet wide, 25 feet long ... Screen is(will be) 130" and 1080p of course. I dont think I need a receiver that has HDMI, so that particular feature is not important to me.

Looking to get some opinions from those who have "been there, done that"

My last theater was done almost 2 years ago, so I'm looking for suggestions on the latest and greatest "mind-blowing" systems that are out. I know I can spend any amount, but I'm positive that 2K (or less of course) will buy a great system.

Thanks to all who reply !
David

P.S. - I LOVE Bass :)

Gary Thomas

Second Unit
If it were my money, I'd probably get an Onkyo receiver - I've seen the 805 for as little as $700 (Fry's, Vanns) & the 705 for less. The 705 just won the "receiver of the year" in one of the HT mags.

I'd spend the rest on Klipsch speakers - I especially like Klipsch if you primarily use the system for movies. They are very sensitive (requiring less power to drive them) and can really fill a room. While Klipsch makes very good subs, I'd also look at SVS, HSU & Velodyne.

Also, if you enjoy DIY projects, you can build an excellent sub for a few hundred bucks. There are tons of plans & lots of support online for DIY subwoofers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks