What's new

Help me pick my first HD Television. (1 Viewer)

Scott_E

Stunt Coordinator
Ok. I guess its time to retire my old 27" flat Sony and go towards something that I really want. My budge as of right now is around $2k or so. I've really been looking at RPTV's since alot of them are so affordable at the moment. The first thing that crossed my mind was the Panasonic 53wx53 or the 47" version. However I've read about people having quality issues, returning sets, ect. ect. However I've also read they are a HUGE bang for the buck and when calibrated properly are very very nice. I watch tons of movies, play alot of games (XBOX, PS2, Gamecube, SNES, NES) and watch alot of cable programming as well, so a nice stretch mode would be much appreciated. I'm not just limited to RPTV's either, if I could afford something maybe a little bit more in a different format, then I might go up in budget. The thing with the panny is I read something about it not having HDVI or something like that? I think the new model does however:

http://ww1.onecall.com/PID_22656.htm

I'm not just limited to the panny either, I'm looking at all models in my price range. Toshiba is another consideration as well as sony. Any comments? I'm worried about burn in quite a bit, however I imagine once I get it properly set up with the contrast and levels and such that won't be a problem.

Scott_E

Stunt Coordinator
One more thing, I want the TV to be able to grow with me. I know new things come out, however I don't want some format or resolution to come out that I can't display properly. I think I also made a mistake up there, the old 47" has DVI, however it does not have HDMI, and it appears that new 53 inch I posted a link to does. Any comments now?

Scott_E

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmmmm. I've been looking at that H30 PJ over at avsforum. That sounds really good. I curious as to how games and such would work though. I still have my current TV for cable I suppose. Comments on that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks