1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Help me identify a movie...

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Peter M Fitzgerald, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Well-Known Member

Peter Fitzgerald
    A local guy phoned me recently, asking about a movie, though he didn't know the title, nor the actors/filmmakers involved, just the basic plot (and that it was probably made in the 1970s-1980s):

The individual looking for this film said he had already been through IMDB's search engine functions, with no luck. I tried my hand with IMDB's complex search a few minutes ago, with various combinations of plot words, to no avail.

Of all the films I've seen over the years, the closest matches I could think of would be either GALLANT BESS (1946) or DESTINATION GOBI (1953), and neither is a perfect fit, and are 20-30 years older than his impression of the film's age (though I'm sure he's talking about a color film). It also could well be that the region the horse-trainer was captured in was somewhere in Asia (or the Pacific) other than Mongolia, and it could also take place during a different war or conflict.

Anybody here have any ideas what the film (or TV series episode) could be?