What's new

Help me decide. GR A/V3 or Exodus(Adire)61 (1 Viewer)

Gary Joe

Stunt Coordinator
I'm ready for an upgrade in my front 3 speakers in my sound system. I think i've narrowed it down to the a/v3 or adires new 61 kit. They will be used 50/50 HT/music. One concern is my HK AVR325's 50 wrms power rating. I'm not sure it would be enough for the 61's. I'm leaning toward the 61's for the better tweets and XBL2 technology. With the sonic cap upgrade for the A/V3's there's only $32.00 difference per speaker. Any advice is apreciated.

Gary Joe

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replies. What are the pro's and con's, if you don't mind me asking?

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Gary, I've built 2 pair of A/V-3's, one original design for a customer, and one of the new transmission line design for me last year. Mine are on the last page of my crude web site: http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
I haven't compared them with the Adire kit, but I am very pleased with them. They're a good combination music and home theater system.

al lout

Stunt Coordinator
Gary,

I've recently built the a/v-3 for my main speakers. They're awesome value. Sound so clear and smooth. Yesterday, I popped in the classical "Fur Elise" song. Turned off all the light, and I'm there hearing it live :)

Link: A/V-3 red oak veneer

Either way, GR-Research or Adires you can't lose. Good luck.

Al,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks