What's new

HELP! Looking to buy home theater sytem on Amazon.com (1 Viewer)

whitesox2009

Auditioning
Real Name
paul v
Im looking to purchase a home theater system on Amazon. Ive done tons of research and think i want a Onkyo. I was choosing between the HT-908 and the HT-990THX. The Ht-990THX has the new THX sound but the HT-908 has HDMI video up-conversion. Ive heard the up-conversion is not as good as another type of HDMI video. Now i just see that Onkyo just released two new home theaters the HT-S7100 and the HT-S6100 (less expensive version).The price range in looking for is 800-900 and id like it to be the home theater in a box. Which one is the best? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ive been killing myself on this decision for a while now. Thanks

Real Name
jayson barnett
thats a nice choice going with onkyo. that was my first system which i upgraded later.....still onkyo. to answer your upconvert question. i would leave the upcoverting to the device (dvd, cd, tivo,etc) and let the signal passthrough the reciever because a dvd player will do a better job. If this is your first home theater i would go with the onkyo HTIB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks