1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Help! Kids internet filtering software needed

Discussion in 'Computers' started by MikeH1, Feb 26, 2008.

1. MikeH1

MikeH1 Well-Known Member

I need a good software program that allows safe surfing for my daughter so that when she's looking for information on school projects and such that no pr0n and the like comes up.

Any decent, reliable programs that anyone uses? I don't know much about this so any info to point me in the right direction is appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Alon Goldberg

Alon Goldberg Well-Known Member

3. MikeH1

MikeH1 Well-Known Member

Thanks Alon! Thats exactly what I need.

4. VicB

VicB Active Member

5. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    I just use good ol' Firefox for my daughter's web browser and then set it up to require a password to go to any site outside of the ones that I have added to the list of allowable sites. You can also do this with IE. They also come with built in lists of sites to avoid surfing to by accident.

6. Eric_L

Eric_L Well-Known Member

I have service through embarq (sprint) and they have a free content filter which works quite well. We also have the computer in the middle of our living room so Jen and I can see what the kids are on at all times. I do still review the history on occasion.
    Check with your own ISP - many are offering virus protection and parental software and the quality has gotten quite well. I've been impressed with embarq's.