1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP!!! I installed 236 firmware upgrade on my RP91 and now NO DVDs WORK!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ScottH, Dec 15, 2001.

1. ScottH

ScottH Well-Known Member

Scott
    I just installed the 236 upgrade on my RP91 (went from 155), used the ISO file with EasyCD to create CD from CD image. I inserted the disc, it asked me if I wanted to update, I said yes. It finished and now no matter what DVD I put in, it says "Disc will not play in your region".

Did this happen to anyone else?

2. Miles_W

Miles_W Well-Known Member

Wow Scott, that is bizarre, I have not heard of this problem before. I did the upgrade and it worked no problem. I hope someone can provide you with answers soon. Have you tired reflashing it...

Miles

3. Eric T. Busch

Eric T. Busch New Member

Did you turn the player off and then back on after installing the update? I believe you'll get that error until you do so.

4. ScottH

ScottH Well-Known Member

Scott

5. PatrickM

PatrickM Well-Known Member

Ouch that sucks. I too upgrade from 155 to 236 but with no problem. I did reset it after I did the upgrade.

If resetting it doesn't work I'd suggest making another CD but burn it at a slower speed.

Patrick

6. Andy_S

Andy_S Well-Known Member

7. ScottH

ScottH Well-Known Member

Scott
    Thanks for all your help. I just put the disc back in and tried it again...this time it worked. The first time I tried it, I never got the "Update Complete" message. Obviously, I didn't know I was supposed to get that message at first so I didn't know it actually never completed (even though the Open/Close/Stop/Pause/#7 trick told me it was 236). Anyway, thank you everyone for your input!