What's new

HELP!!! I installed 236 firmware upgrade on my RP91 and now NO DVDs WORK!! (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I just installed the 236 upgrade on my RP91 (went from 155), used the ISO file with EasyCD to create CD from CD image. I inserted the disc, it asked me if I wanted to update, I said yes. It finished and now no matter what DVD I put in, it says "Disc will not play in your region".

Did this happen to anyone else?

Miles_W

Second Unit
Wow Scott, that is bizarre, I have not heard of this problem before. I did the upgrade and it worked no problem. I hope someone can provide you with answers soon. Have you tired reflashing it...

Miles

Eric T. Busch

Auditioning
Did you turn the player off and then back on after installing the update? I believe you'll get that error until you do so.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Did you turn the player off and then back on after installing the update? I believe you'll get that error until you do so.
I did, but I'll try again, and I guess I'll try unplugging it this time. Thanks.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Ouch that sucks. I too upgrade from 155 to 236 but with no problem. I did reset it after I did the upgrade.

If resetting it doesn't work I'd suggest making another CD but burn it at a slower speed.

Patrick

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Thanks for all your help. I just put the disc back in and tried it again...this time it worked. The first time I tried it, I never got the "Update Complete" message. Obviously, I didn't know I was supposed to get that message at first so I didn't know it actually never completed (even though the Open/Close/Stop/Pause/#7 trick told me it was 236). Anyway, thank you everyone for your input!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks