What's new

Help hooking up my new TV to my Pioneer 1014x. (1 Viewer)

RyanJE

Second Unit
Hey all,

I just bought a new panny tv. For the sound portion, should i use the optical digital out from the tv to the receiver, then hook all components to the TV. Or should i hook all compnents (audio portion) directly to the receiver.

I think im going to hook all of the video portion of the components straight to the tv though. One im not sure about is the HDMI connection (for my cable box), i want that so my high def cable works but i think it down converts (2ch stereo) once it goes from the tv to the receiver through the digital out.

Any opinions and ideas are great!

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I would connect all audio to the receiver, and all video to the tv if possible. To maintain good audio and video this, IMO, would be the best route.

Connect the Digital Cable to the TV via HDMI and send the audio via toslink directly from the cable box. Note that not all material that is on cable has Dolby 5.1, most of the shows are only 2 channel, unless it is noted otherwise. It is possible that you may need to change the settings of the cable box in order to utilize Dolby 5.1 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks