What's new

help hanging tv on my wall (1 Viewer)

cnmsales

Auditioning
Real Name
traye
OK so my wife and I just moved into a new rental and it has a mount bolted to the wall. We want to hang our TV on it but apparently the previous tenant took the bar that mounts to your TV with them. I called bestbuy and they said you can't buy just the bar but have to buy the entire kit. I have a 52 inch LG plasma TV and would appreciate some help figuring out if I can get just the bar or if I have any alternatives. Thanks in advance for the help.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Congrats on the new digs and welcome to Home Theater Forum Traye. Mounts are essentially a matched set with two pieces. One attaches to the TV, and the other to the wall. Unless you know the specific make and model of mount, you are better off just getting a new mount rather than trying to get something to work with the piece left on the wall. One of our sponsors OSD Audio has TV wall mounts starting at under $15: http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/tv-mounts.html so you don't need something expensive. You just need to decide if you want tilting or flat mount and need to pay attention to the ones available for your TV size. Make sure you post a picture of it once its installed!

cnmsales

Auditioning
Real Name
traye
Thanks for the info guys. The reason I'm asking about using the mount already here is I'm not certain the landlord would let me take it down and hang a new one. The current mount that's on the wall is a "omni mount". Can new mounts be added without taking the bolts that are in the wall out?

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by cnmsales

Thanks for the info guys. The reason I'm asking about using the mount already here is I'm not certain the landlord would let me take it down and hang a new one. The current mount that's on the wall is a "omni mount". Can new mounts be added without taking the bolts that are in the wall out?

You may be able to use the same bolt holes with a new mount. If it has the model number on it great, if not try looking on their site to find a match and them contact them to see if they will sell just the TV portion:

E-Mail: [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected]
Phone: 1-800-MOUNT-IT (800-668-6848)
M–F, 7 am to 6 pm MST

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks