What's new

help from the few with time & inclination please (1 Viewer)

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
It's now three years since I got my DVD player and I'm about to buy my 200th disc. When I was approaching my 100th I asked the forum to have a look at my collection and tell me what I was missing.

I was fortunate enough for a few of you guys to take the time to scan the list and put forward some great suggestions - I'd like to try again for my 200th!

The last 8 purchases have all been from TV, and the two on pre-order just now are Season 3 for Ever Decreasing Circles and The Brittas Empire - so that's 10,and I'm trying hard to resist Frasier too, so lets make it a film please:)

Thanks in advance :D

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I'm insanely jealous that you have Wallace & Gromit's Cracking Contraptions on DVD. That being said, I see that we have similar tastes, so I must recommend Run Lola Run.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The Extended versions of Fellowship Of The Ring and The Two Towers.

Wonder Boys

Sleeping Beauty

Andre Barros

Stunt Coordinator
Well, from looking at your list I can tell we have different taste in movies so it makes any sugestions harder.

In general I can feel the absence of Al Pacino movies in your list, maybe you could consider one of those for your 200th.

Regards,

Andre

Stewart,
You have an excellent collection.
I noticed though that you're a little light on "classic films" - so perhaps I could recommend a few.

Citizen Kane
The Godfather
Casablanca
Chinatown
Sunset Blvd.

If you prefer something more modern...

Aliens
Jaws
Pulp Fiction
Toy Story
The Usual Suspects

-Mike

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
Traffic: Criterion Collection would be my main suggestion
I noticed an absence of Evil Dead films
2-Disc of Unforgiven?

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Yep, really nice! How about any of the following?

Demolition Man
The 5th Element
Shawshank Redemption
True Lies

Glenn

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
No point in asking and having people take the time to reply if you don't listen!

I'm thinking of Run Lola Run (gets great reviews from DVD Empire's customers too:emoji_thumbsup:

Or Toy Story - maybe a box set of both 1&2?

Is the 2 disc Unforgiven really worth the upgrade - great film but it's on my list already??

Stephen - W&G Cracking Contraptions not out over there? If you have a multi region player I can get you a Region 2;)

Mike - TRUE! TOTALLY light on classics - just never got into them. It's the same with classical music - I know I'm missing out but just can't get started:b

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
Hey Stewart,
How about the first and second season of Coupling? A little more T.V., and frankly the funniest show on T.V.
Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks