What's new

Help configuring HDMI source with HK645 (1 Viewer)

Mike D.

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I just purchased a Panasonic AEU900U projector and HK645 receiver. I run Comcast digital cable box via RGB to the Video 1 input on the receiver. The receiver has the HDMI out connected to the projector. But I can't get any signal when I select the HDMI source on the projector. I thought the HK would upconvert the RGB from the cable box to HDMI. But, I'm not even sure if this is the problem, because if I push the OSM button on the receiver, the receiver's on screen menu doesn't appear on the projector either. It's almost like the receiver isn't sending a signal to the projector.

I did double-check the cables, the HDMI cable on the receiver is definately connected to the HDMI-out on the receiver. And there's only 1 HDMI connection on the projector (in, of course).

I have no idea what to try next!

Any ideas??

Thanks!
Mike

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
This probably isn't what you want to hear, but personally speaking, as incredibly effed up as the HDMI system is right now I would blow it off and use the component connections. Do a search here and you'll see plenty of bitch posts about it. Videophiles can't even agree if HDMI consistantly improves image quality, the main reason it exists in the first place (just because something uses a digital format does NOT guarantee high quality sound or visuals).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks