What's new

Help Choosing Sub!! (1 Viewer)

ChrisKula

Agent
All,

I am in the market for a new sub and have been looking at SVS as they come very highly recommended!! Basically my room is 12w x 14d x 8h and is open to the next room through a large doorway. I am looking for a smaller sub and was considering the SVS SB-12 Plus, however, I am concerned since the description states that it is a small sub and does not have as much output as its larger cousin (PB-12 Plus).

I would like a smaller sub and do not listed to music or movies at earsplitting levels but want to be able to feel the bass during movies (90% of use for movies).

Will the SB-12 be adequate for a room the size listed above...those who have or have heard this sub: your help is greatly appreciated!!

Shannon W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shannon
My room is very close to the same size as the one you have mentioned and I upgraded to the PB12+2.

Like the old say'n goes. There is no replacement for displacement!

Shannon

ChrisKula

Agent
Thanks for the reply!

I realize that size does matter but I am wondering if the SB-12 is enough, I believe that the PB-12 will be louder, tighter, etc. but it is a trade off between size and output....

Any other opinions????

Shannon W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shannon
Not to sound smug but what you need to do is find out whats your Budget then go from there. You budget should be the deciding factor on which one to get. But if it was me I say go for the PB12 instead of the SB-12.

I had to wait over a year before I rat holed enough Coin to buy my beloved SVS. Now I just need to sell my velodyne sub that he SVS replaced so I can start looking for a new Preamp then the Sony receiver will be the next thing on the chopping block. I guess It will be on eBay this weekend.

Shannon

ChrisKula

Agent
Thank you Shannon W!

Budget is not so much an issue as size and quality. I want a sub that will sound great but not take up a good chunk of my room. The PB-12 will undoubtedly sound better all around but it is quite large at 25" x 18" footprint.

I have been focusing on SVS but are there any other manufacturers I should be looking at??

Thanks!

ChrisKula

Agent
Thank you Shannon W!

Budget is not so much an issue as size and quality. I want a sub that will sound great but not take up a good chunk of my room. The PB-12 will undoubtedly sound better all around but it is quite large at 25" x 18" footprint.

I have been focusing on SVS but are there any other manufacturers I should be looking at??

Thanks!

ChrisKula

Agent
Thank you Shannon W!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks