What's new

Help choosing new 720P PJ please (1 Viewer)

E-A-G-L-E-S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
I have narrowed it down to a few and here's some additional info.
I watch HD programming, movies and sports.
Need 'enough' real world lumens to watch sports in some ambient light on the weekends. But also want a PJ that excels/pops when the lights go down.

PJ will be ~13.5' from screen and going for 106"-11" screen. Offset is not an issue as it can be mounted as low as 6" off floor or as high as 10'.

I dislike the SDE on flat panel LCD's and love DLP's so I'm leaning towards a DLP but am truly open to anything.

I had a Mitsubishi HC1500 for a few weeks and it was just awesome for its' price. Just wondering if their is something better 'for me' within a couple hundred dollars. I loved the 1500's brightness but could lose a little bit of lumens and still be happy....especially if I gained a little real world contrast.

So my budget is ~$1300. The HC1500 was/is $900.

Please bring on the reccomendations. this PJ will hold me until a good 1080P hits for ~$2K or less.
Thanks!

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I was going to recommend the HC1500. I have the HD1000, that it replaced. What was the problem with the HC1500?

E-A-G-L-E-S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
Not sure, just ordered a replacement and am shipping this back when that arrives. The issue was a constant image flickering. I was told to reseat the lamp which I did and that didn't fix it.
Otherwise it is just stellar, especially for the price.
Just that I came from a 1080P DLP t.v. and am wondering if there is a 720P PJ that will come closer to hitting that sets PQ?(not that the 1500's is bad at all, just not quite as 'vivid/rich/crisp' as the t.v. was)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks