1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Help! Aspect Ratio On 55PP9352 Is Off

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Bill Geiger, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Bill Geiger

Bill Geiger Well-Known Member

The 55PP9352 is a Philips TV. I love the TV but have encountered some problems that are minor, but still bother me. I am hoping an ISF Tech might have some advice. I tried the different Philips boards and groups. Hope someone can help. Here is my situation.

I notice that when watching 2:35.1 material, the top has the
    larger black bar then the lower half. Obviously, things
    should be equal at the top and bottom, correct? Also, while watching Trial And Error, which is 2:10.1, had bar on the top, none on bottom:

Picture:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/billandstina/tae.jpg

**I added red blotches to show in picture.** Sorry about the flash and lines on the screen....TV is actually perfect
    (sort of)!

My question is, can I fix this within the service menu? I am a big time rookie when it comes to working inside the
    service menu. Any instructions, codes and what-have-you would be great! I have an RP62 Panasonic DVD player as well.

Also, I am still seeing the "moon" effects while watching anything on DVD on my TV during dark scenes. It is throughout the top portion and it looks as if someone is flashing a flashlight through it making about 3 or 4
    crescent moons. I was told this was called Moire.. but that was it. I thought moire was throughout the screen.. I could be wrong. I am hoping that if I can adjust my aspect ratio, it might fix these "moon or moire" problems. Any help there would be great to.