What's new

Hello from NE Indiana (1 Viewer)

jamweiser

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Hello All, New to this forum, have been trolling a little bit while shopping for a new avr...

I've been enjoying this hobby for the last 5-6 yrs, slowly upgrading equipment...

jamweiser

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Ended up purchasing an Anthem mrx 510 last week. Was considering these: Yamaha 1030 or 2030, Denon x4000, Marantz 6008 or 7008, and Anthem 310 or 510...

Wanted a receiver with 2 zones (currently for deck), and pre-outs for future upgrading. Also had to sound great for music, preferably in 2.1... After listening to some of the receivers, the best two brands to my ears were Anthem & Marantz. Since i was considering audyessy xt32, and for the $$ of the 7008, i really like the sound of the Anthem 510, so i ended up going that route. From what i read, arc is comparable to audyessy, but goes abouve with the manual tweak ability...

Happy with the investment, been messing with it over the weekend, didn't run arc until yesterday afternoon, so another toy i get to tinker with :rock:

jamweiser

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
schan1269 said:
Well, hello from the udder corner...(Live 10 minutes from Fair Oaks)
The better side of the state, at least on the things to do/see/entertainment side... Actually grew up on South side of chicago & northwest indiana...

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Hello from a Hoosier ex-pat. :) Visiting in Muncie, Greenwood and Morgantown this weekend seeing family :)Back to Virginia tomorrow.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Let me know how things work out with the two zones. I wanted to do exactly that but the killer was that the receivers cannot seem to split between HDMI and stereo across zones or something like that. I wanted to have my Apple TV play to my 5.1 surround setup on Zone 1 and also to stereo whole house speakers on zone 2 and my Denon couldnt do it or I couldn't figure out how to make it work at least...

jamweiser

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Sam Posten said:
I wanted to have my Apple TV play to my 5.1 surround setup on Zone 1 and also to stereo whole house speakers on zone 2 and my Denon couldnt do it or I couldn't figure out how to make it work at least...
I know you can't do hdmi audio out to zone 2. I have an android box i use for xbmc, and to play music off of a portable hard drive. Was slightly bummed that it's not possible to do on this receiver, but otherwise i'm happy with the receivers performance!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks