What's new

Hello from Nashville (1 Viewer)

CWNashvegas

Auditioning
Real Name
Christa W.
Former lurker going legit. :) I generally just make the rounds of various sites when I'm tweaking my HTPC setup, but I thought maybe it was time to actually join here.

Not really much to say about myself except my name is Christa, and the whole reason I ended up with an HTPC setup is because of my love for old TV shows. After ditching cable in 2010, I discovered a local RetroTV affiliate and became enamored with Adam-12. Ended up buying the whole series on DVD, needed a way to access it easily. Enter WMC and Media Browser. It snowballed from there.

My HTPC has to do other, mundane things as well, but I'm trying to get away from that as much as possible. When I my laptop started to die, I made sure my new one was capable of playing my favorite games. Never again will I have to choose between Martin Milner and Skyrim.

So what am I doing right now? Watching episodes from season 5 of Adam-12. :wub:

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Hi, Christa, welcome to Home Theater Forum.

Showing my age here, I saw a lot of the Adam 12 episodes as a kid in the 70's when they first aired.

CWNashvegas

Auditioning
Real Name
Christa W.
Thanks for the welcome, Steve!

I was born about two months after the last episode aired, and somehow never even heard of the show until I started watching RTV. When they stopped airing it, I relied on my collection. Now that we have MeTV, I can watch it at 3:30 pm, right after Dragnet. There's something different and special about watching it broadcast instead of off my hard drive. I'm such a dork about live TV that way - I suppose it's nostalgia, but ever since I was a kid, I felt that excitement of a favorite show coming on at a certain time, and though the favorite shows themselves may change, I never lost that feeling.

That's probably why I have to stifle the completely unacceptable and disproportionate reaction I feel welling up whenever someone says "live tv is dead" or similar. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks