1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nikhil Mehta, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Nikhil Mehta

Nikhil Mehta Auditioning

Hi, My name is Nik and want to introduce myself to this great community. Live and work in NYC and will shortly be moving to the suburbs of NJ.

Getting a house built so had a question around audio pre-wiring in the house and how best to set it up so that it works both as an audio system to play music and connect to the TV. All the connections and equipment will be placed inside a closet.

Need to understand logistics rather quickly as the builder is coming up on putting the sheet rock and will be starting with all the electricals soon.

Any and all replies will be much appreciated.

Regards,
    Nik

JasonJagla likes this.
  2. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Good luck Nik! My builders only had a very limited set of choices so I went with as much as they would allow. If I had to do it over again I would have em wire for 7.2 just to have those extra 3 lines in place even tho I was only doing 5.1 at the time. If you are having whole house audio built that's totally different. I wish I had chose to wire 2 outdoor speakers to my HHA system, oh well!

3. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Premium
    Supporter

Josh Steinberg
    Hi Nik, welcome! I'm also in NYC-area -- I work in NYC, live on LI and am actually moving into the city this weekend. Welcome to HTF, and congrats on your new home!