What's new

Hardware Review Hello, and here we go on all things speaker! (1 Viewer)

Eben Atwater

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Eben M. Atwater
I'm Eben Atwater, (And as soon as I figure out how to make my forum name my real name, I'll do that);

I'll be doing speaker reviews beginning in the near future.

As a general FYI on me, I come from a background of electronic exploration predominantly focused on the musical end of the spectrum, guitars, amps, speakers, stomp boxes and the like. I've been building, modifying and repairing such stuff for the better part of 20 years.

That said, my focus has always been how things sound, 'cause let's face it, it matters not how cool your (Fill in the blank) is if it doesn't sound good, right?

I'll be doing reviews from that background, and with a bit of a DIY slant, not because I think y'all need to build everything yourself, but because I think that perspective helps best in understanding what builders do, why they do it, and how it all impacts what we hear in the end run.

So, stay tuned!

E

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Eben,
Welcome aboard. Looks like you have a fun hobby. Look forward to your reviews here.

Doug Hess

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Doug Hess
Hi, Eben. Nice to have you aboard. I'm fairly new here too, though I have one review up. I've got another written, but I'll probably hold it for another week to spread things out a bit.

Since we're the two noobs, feel free to let me know if I can help out in any way.

-Doug

mpompey

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Michael Pompey
Looking forward to the DIY slant. I used to build subwoofer cabinets during college for money and learned alot about speaker building back then.

Considering getting back into the hobby with some kit bookshelves.

Love to see your reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks