What's new

Hello All (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Swaroop
Hello All,

I did my first home theater setup more than a month ago, with some help from this forum. Glad to have come across this forum, otherwise I would have settled for a crappy setup (I was planning to get bose Acoustimass® 10 speaker system).

My current setup:

AVR: Onkyo TX-NR616 7.2

Sony BDP-S5100 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi

Speakers - 7.1:
Def Tech procinema 60 5.1
+
2 Def Tech BP-8040 super towers (fell in love with these at best buy Magnolia)

My next upgrade would be a matching center channel (may be CS-8060HD) and then may be matching sub.

I keep visiting this forum to improve my home theater knowledge and terminology.

Feel free to comment/suggest on my setup.

Thanks,
Swaroop

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Sounds like you are making progress! Definitely upgrade to a matching center channel, it will make a difference.

notanaudiophile

Auditioning
Hey Swaroop!Just read your post. I am currently building a new system starting with the Onkyo NR717 7.2, same blu ray player, and am now stalled out on speaker choices. London drugs is pushing Tannoy dual concentric bookshelf speakers for $400/speaker, I wasn't that impressed with sound quality(in the stores speaker room), and Visions is pushing Soundstage which again, given the venue, didn't amaze. So I'm finding myself looking for recommendations from enthusiasts such as yourself to steer me in the right direction. I'm trying to find a reasonably priced set of speakers that work for both music(all genres), and movies. Any input would be appreciated.Cheers!Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks