1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello All

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by swaroopchanda, May 24, 2013.

1. swaroopchanda

swaroopchanda Active Member

Swaroop
    Hello All,

I did my first home theater setup more than a month ago, with some help from this forum. Glad to have come across this forum, otherwise I would have settled for a crappy setup (I was planning to get bose Acoustimass® 10 speaker system).

My current setup:

AVR: Onkyo TX-NR616 7.2

Sony BDP-S5100 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi

Speakers - 7.1:
    Def Tech procinema 60 5.1
    +
    2 Def Tech BP-8040 super towers (fell in love with these at best buy Magnolia)

My next upgrade would be a matching center channel (may be CS-8060HD) and then may be matching sub.

I keep visiting this forum to improve my home theater knowledge and terminology.

Feel free to comment/suggest on my setup.

Thanks,
    Swaroop

2. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Sounds like you are making progress! Definitely upgrade to a matching center channel, it will make a difference.

3. notanaudiophile

Hey Swaroop!Just read your post. I am currently building a new system starting with the Onkyo NR717 7.2, same blu ray player, and am now stalled out on speaker choices. London drugs is pushing Tannoy dual concentric bookshelf speakers for $400/speaker, I wasn't that impressed with sound quality(in the stores speaker room), and Visions is pushing Soundstage which again, given the venue, didn't amaze. So I'm finding myself looking for recommendations from enthusiasts such as yourself to steer me in the right direction. I'm trying to find a reasonably priced set of speakers that work for both music(all genres), and movies. Any input would be appreciated.Cheers!Mike

4. Richard V

Richard V Well-Known Member

Richard
    hello, Kenneth Taylor, welcome to the pack.

5. yinggai

yinggai New Member