What's new

Heavy Traffic (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
heavy.jpeg

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This is rather delightful news - it's now the second A.I.P. film to be announced by Shout! Factory (the other being THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN). Is there anyone with SF connections who knows whether or not there may be a bunch of MGM-owned AIP films on the Blu horizon from this company? (I pray daily for the Corman/Poe series).

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Dick said:
This is rather delightful news - it's now the second A.I.P. film to be announced by Shout! Factory (the other being THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN). Is there anyone with SF connections who knows whether or not there may be a bunch of MGM-owned AIP films on the Blu horizon from this company? (I pray daily for the Corman/Poe series).
I have no idea but asked them about those Corman films, AIP and Bakshi on their Facebook page. Don't hold your breath on an answer, if they reply I'll post it here.

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
Dick said:
it's now the second A.I.P. film to be announced by Shout! Factory (the other being THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN).
Not quite. FUTUREWORLD was the first AIP title to be released by Shout!, and THE VAMPIRE LOVERS and THE TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN / THE EVICTORS are next in the pipeline.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
uVSthem said:
Will this be the uncut X-rated version?
Depends what materials MGM supplies to Shout! Factory. Apparently they have access to both cuts and have released both on DVD; one in 2004 and the other ~2009 without so much as changing the sleeve artwork. Might be worth asking the powers that be to which version they have access.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Shout comment on my post on Facebook asking about more AIP and Corman. Just said that nothing planned at the moment but they will pass on the suggestions. So who knows. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks