What's new

Heath Ledger: RIP (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If TMZ is to be believed, it's all a moot point but I don't understand how staying in a friend's apartment is "a hell of a tailspin". Sure, it may not be what he wanted but I don't think that his current address had very much to do with this.

DaveB

Stunt Coordinator
Sad and unexpected. RIP, Heath.

:frowning:

On a much lesser sidenote, I'll never be able to watch the new film in quite the same way now.

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
R.I.P. Heath. Much too young to leave us. Whatever the reason for such action, it's hard to figure why someone especially so young would resort to end one's life. God be with him!

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
A friend of mine used to live in the same area he and Michelle Williams did in Brooklyn. She said he was always very friendly to those who came up and said hi to him.

Damn shame, he was really coming along as an actor. He'll be missed. :frowning:

Brian Sallot

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
Unexpected and sad. It is a shame his little girl will never get to know her dad and that is very sad indeed.

RIP Heath.

Later Everyone
Brian

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Lee was given a prescription drug from a friend for a headache (not Lee's own prescription) and had a fatal reaction to it."

There was something else wrong with Bruce Lee. He had collapsed and passed out twice and even gone into seizure about a month before his death. I dont think it was the aspirin alone.

As for Heath, really shocking and sad. RIP

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Looks like it's being officially ruled as an accidental overdose.

Link

"Heath's Family: He Did Not Kill Himself

Posted Jan 22nd 2008 7:29PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has been contacted by a rep from Heath's family. The cops told the family Heath's death was accidental and there is no evidence to support the buzz that he may have committed suicide.

They are particularly distraught over media reports that he may have taken his own life. The family says he was not that kind of person.

As we just reported, Heath was ill with pneumonia when he died."

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway

True enough, but Lee wasn't exactly sure what his health issue was, and his death was still an accident that had the contribution of what he thought was a harmless drug.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
That doesn't make me feel much better (or any worse), but it will give comfort to his family and make a difference in his legacy.

It's just terrible news, and I feel strongly for his loved ones.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I seriously don't understand the pertinence of his being "on the cusp of superstardom" or how many figures his paychecks were about to become.

Heath Ledger was an actor I always admired. He seemed very natural and likeable and I always found his performances enjoyable. I also appreciate actors with his obvious appeal who also are willing to take on so many small, challenging roles when he could have been like so many others who are interested in nothing but how many figures their paychecks are and "superstardom".

Aside from the visible, high paying stuff, he took on projects like Candy, which may have been like so many other tragic indies, but the fact people like Ledger and Abbie Cornish did it at all when they could have been out buying mansions and being generally stupid really says something about them.

Finally, Ledger's brief performance in Monster's Ball is the stuff real actors are made of. It is one of the finest of the decade and something to take real pride in.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Who else thinks The Dark Knight has the potential to be his Giant: a supporting role that breaks him out of the box in a movie that is ultimately released posthumously. I think TDK could cement his place in Hollywood lore in the same way, though probably not to the same extent.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I honestly can't remember the last time I was shocked by a celebrity's death.

It's going to be weird watching Batman: The Dark Knight knowing that we'll never get another performance from Heath, unless Terry Gilliam can put something together in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

Michelle and Matilda are in my thoughts. I hope they have the courage to get through this tough ordeal.

R.I.P. Heath.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Thread reopened after removal of much irrelevant discussion.

It seems odd that this warning should have to repeated after having been posted so recently in the thread about Brad Renfro's death, but here it is:

This is an in memoriam thread. If you're planning to say something that wouldn't be appropriate to say at a memorial service for the deceased, please move on without posting. Posts inconsistent with this instruction will be removed, along with the poster.

The above applies to extensive discussions of the marketing of future films, comparisons to other celebrity deaths, speculation and/or judgment about the manner of death, and all similar topics.

I apologize to all of you who have the manners and common decency not to need the above caution. Apparently there will alway be those who do.

M.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
This is certainly the most shocking celebrity death that I've gone through. Every death gets reported on but from the media to message boards you can just see and hear the shock.

It's strange but I posted in the Oscar thread this afternoon before this news broke. I then spoke with a friend about the Oscar nods and said that Ledger should have been nominated in I'M NOT THERE instead of Cate. Ninety minutes later I go to check the Oscar thread and see this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks