What's new

Heath Ledger: RIP (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, that's what I'm betting on. It seems like he had reason to be depressed. Still I could never fathom how someone as fortunate as him could committ suicide. I mean I know that "having it all" in no way guarantees happiess. But you would think with all people like him has access to, that you could surely find something to at least make you feel better in those dark moments.....besided drugs.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
OMG simply speechless.

I was actually really looking forward to TDK simply because he was/is The Joker.

Always thought he had some great roles, but 28 is simply too young

Kami

Screenwriter
R.I.P.

A fine actor.

I only hope they finished the bulk of his ADR work on The Dark Knight.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Loneliness is loneliness no matter how rich and famous you are. In fact, if you have anything and everything at your disposal, it probably makes things feel even more hopeless when you can't find happiness. From the reports, it sounds like the mother of his child left him a couple months ago and took the child. We know he was found in a domicile owned by Mary Kate Olsen. Going from a happy family and a huge career to living out of the apartment of a former child star over the course of a couple months seems like a hell of a tailspin to me.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
I am totally stunned by the very untimely passing of Mr. Ledger. :frowning: He was on the verge becoming an actor that could have gotten any number of A-list acting roles with eight-figure incomes.

(I believe that Ledger's scenes in The Dark Knight were completed, so Warner Brothers could complete this film more or less intact, outside of a little voice-over work that will now need another similar-sounding actor.)

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
28? I thought he was older as it seems he's been around for awhile...I remember seeing him for the first time in "10 Things I hate About You" and being really impressed (actually the entirety of the young cast was excellent). He even made a mediocre film like "A Knight's Tale" seem decent.

And with a young daughter...Geez. Damn shame.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
So? A polished marble shitty situation is still a shitty situation. I've lived in nice places and I've lived in shitty places, and the quality of house/apartment/etc. never outweighed the greater emotional ups and downs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks