1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Heard from Warner Archive via Facebook and they stated no news on Popeye Volume 4 episodes and Jetso

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by rmw650, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Well-Known Member

The TV show Alice was just released this way and apparently a few of the recent movie titles. There is no indication they are going back and doing this with anything previously released. It appears they are doing this going forward with select titles (presumably the titles they assume will be the most popular) but this could become the norm for them as well. No official statement from them on the plan for this or how many pressed copies are made for each title but they did confirm they are doing this.

2. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Well-Known Member

Henry.
    Yes, I heard that about Alice. A pretty cool development is my first reaction to this. I guess subtitles for these is still not a go? Should be interesting to see what other Warner titles get this treatment, perhaps Popeye. I would think a show like The F.B.I. maybe which has proven to be a great success for them as far as I can tell, would be neat if their upcoming Harry O is too. We'll see.

3. derosa

derosa Well-Known Member

Yeah, it works this way because they need a revenue stream.
    The titles come out to sustain their sales figures, and they plan on keeping
    it going so they have something to sell. If everything got released all at
    once, what would the company sell next year?

4. Essanay Paul

Essanay Paul Well-Known Member

Paul
    Popeye Volume 4 will be coming from Warner Home Video, not The Warner Archive.Next year there is going to be a CG animated Popeye movie. It is expected that Volume 4 will be released as this new CG movie hits the theaters.No official announcement has been made, so this all could change.

5. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt Well-Known Member

Indeed. Jerry Beck confirmed restoration began some months ago, and releases are planned to pick up again in 2014 when the CG movie hits.